You couldn’t be further from the truth. It is a serious off roader

Might be but still Beckamy! :slightly_smiling_face:

I read they’re only going to be LHD otherwise very very tempting :slight_smile:

Money no object,

LFA
F40
RUF Yellow Bird
Another Mazda, RX7.

I hope not - I have one on order … and I am in the UK!

I am getting both my cars organised before “big brother” is installed in new builds next year, courtesy of the EU (which we are still adopting, regardless of Brexit).

Japan drives on the same side as the UK, so I can’t see it becoming LHD only.

1 Like

I think this would do nicely for a second sports car in my stable, pure sporting art.image

4 Likes

Is that an alfaholics car? some of these restomods look great!

Drool - but it is sobering to realise that you can spend as much on an Alfaholics GTA as on a NEW Ferrari 488
My ideal would be a red boat tail Duetto with Alfaholics DNA.

I’ve always had a craving for a Sunbeam Alpine- have seriously looked at buying one in the past. Love the classic image of Grace Kelly driving hers in To Catch a Thief. I did get a shot in this stunning reimagined Aston Martin DB6 but at £1.5m, was just slightly beyond my bank balance :see_no_evil::rofl: As this was a work-related thing, I’ve had to tamper with the background :joy:

1 Like

This isn’t my other hobby car as I’ve lost the photos of it and it’s in the garage up in the air as I’m rebuilding the front control arms but mine looks exactly like this other then my sun band says NTP Alfaparts, my competition number white areas are not round - square and my revolution wheels are alloy colour.

1 Like

So extensive is the re-imagineering of the DB 6 it’s now a DB 5. ,maybe even a DB4GT . The DB6 has a Kamm tail

1 Like

Hey, it was a while ago, was having difficulty remembering. Not need to be smart about it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Incidentally, it was a DB4GT, now you’ve said it

1 Like

That’s always the challenge with this stuff. Many of us mod our MX5’s as we can but as an expression of ultimate car in many respects an MX5 not far off. Any fit MX5 will keep up with any regular car, be faster on c roads and they can be modded to tremendous performance if the owner wants that. Modding a s2000 is probably quite hard in comparison.

People hanker after legendary performance cars but they can be massively underwhelming. I’ve always loved the DB6 but I drove one at an experience day and said ha hum. I tried a 308 gts and lovely though it was to look at it was a deeply flawed thing to sit in. I could drive an MX5 faster simply as I wouldn’t be contemplating going into traction after. Same was true of my gtv6.

I had a Porsche 944 turbo bright red with linen leather - that was more comfy but if you put your foot down nothing - huge lag and then it went - motor boat style.

I think older cars - you can have them as you like the look of it but they can be an “experience” to drive - to this end a piece of antique furniture is more use as you can keep clothes in it whereas my 25 year old MX5 - you can just drive it and it looks nice too.

All that said I do want a landrover 2a, a Matra murena, a lotus europa Twincam , a Saab 99 turbo and an mg midget. I notice TR6s and TR4As seem to be getting cheaper and I wonder if that is because the people who were around when they had mass appeal are dwindling in interest if not absolute numbers.

1 Like

At any rate, you looked too comfortable in it.!
Dreams eh?

1 Like

Oh god, yes! Only reason I was allowed to have a go was because it was similar to the AM my great-grandfather had back in the day. Loved it!

1 Like

I know you put the photo up of the earlier Sunbeam Alpine but how about the one from the 60’s. I restored this over an 8 year period (I still have the mental scars) for my wife and she used it for about 14 years until we sold it 2 years ago, really struggled to get a decent price for it and eventually it went to a classic car dealer on Chelmsford.

2 Likes

Ooh, too bad. I’d have bitten your hand off!

Now you tell me! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl: Beautiful cars though- like the Rapier too!

1 Like

They were all nice looking cars, If I remember rightly, Ken Howes designed them and he had worked for Ford and Studebaker in the states, hence the very American look of them and considering the base vehicle was the Commer Cob van he did a reasonable job. This is what ours looked like when we got it in 1996.

3 Likes