A second sports car anyone?

Nah. Chopped it in for a Sapphire Cosworth. :smiling_imp:

Do you wish you still the cossie?

Bought new at over Ā£20k, sold a year later for Ā£10k. Toe rags nicked them, insurance sky rocketed and values plummeted. Yes they are a collectors item now but they arenā€™t fun. By that I mean that driving any MX-5 at the legal speed limit is far more enjoyable than driving a Cossie at 50mph over the limit. Yes they are quick, yes they handle but other than that itā€™s just like driving any other Sierra. Some years later I hired a Mondeo to drive to Scotland with four people on board. Got rather excited when I found they had upgraded me to a 220 ST and that was boring too. A severe lack of Jinba Ittai.

1 Like

I know what you mean about the toe rags trying to nick your car, I have a Defender and the amount of security devices I have on it after I had one stolen one stolen from outside my house at 10.45pm on a Monday night, it makes you a bit paranoid about the things.

2 Likes

S2000 all the way, had a great one which was only sold as impractical for single car, but always wanted one so had it for a year before the brand new STiā€¦ (no comments :joy:)

1 Like

I really desire a DC5, they are meant to handle very well, LSD as standard, around 215hp Japanese import. Will hold itā€™s value and the K20 and itā€™s gearbox are super reliable and slick. A ā€œlittleā€ bit of money on a good intake, exhaust and hondata remap and youā€™re looking at a 240hp 1130kg car.

I even like the EP3 JDM spec cars, once again LSD as standard, decent seats K20 vs European low compression versions K20a2.

S2000 seem cool but I got spoilt by my PFHT on my MX5, I wouldnā€™t buy a soft top vehicle where I live, so Iā€™d own a S2000 that was always with removable hardtop but those hardtops are rare and very expensive.

Hoping the GT86 is the successor to all above in terms of fun, reliability (probably not) and just good old Jap n/a driving.