a61 north of Skipton

Had the pleasure and misfortune of driving th a61 north of Skipton brilliant rd twists turns and steep hill pleasure to drive only miss fortune was I was driving my renault traffic and not my eunos lol 

Just make sure your brakes are top notch as one of the hills cooked the brakes on my van

Sorry my friend but the A61 goes nowhere near Skipton. North of Harrogate maybe? Ripon? 

I left a quarry just north of Skipton and followed my sat nav I’ll get a map out and check the correct rds sat nav had a61 on it my bad sorry for the confusion

Just looked up where I was it’s the b6160 heading north from Skipton oh the joys of modern technology my sat nav told me it was the a61 for the entire journey lol

The A61 goes through ‘Skipton on Swale’ after crossing the A1

Perhaps this is the confusion

Nah it was just my stupid sat nav labelling the rds wrong I drove from the swinden quarry north of Skipton to Scarborough if you want to look up the route

Swinton Quarry is just on the otherside of Cracoe, which is on the B6265. Perhaps that’s the road you were on? However, it does become the B6160 at Threshfield. But if you were going to Scarborough then I would have thought you would have stayed on the B6265 to Grassington and Pately Bridge and across country to Scarborough. B6160 would take you towards Leyburn (the route I normally do when I’m back home in Yorkshire).

Perhaps you need to update your satnav?!

I wasn’t trying to be pedantic or anything, I just saw the headline and was very puzzled as I have lived in the area all my life. There are some truly great roads around here, especially the B roads. Glad you enjoyed the ride. 

Just spotted this thread. I’m guessing that your sat nav is the same as mine as in fact shows the next road number that you are heading for and not the one you are on. This confused me when I first used the sat nav.

From Swinden quarry to Scarborough you would be on the B6265 heading for the A61 at Ripon, then staying on the A61 to Thirsk and then A170 to Scarborough. Having driven from Grassington to Ripley and also from Helmsley to Thirsk agree that both are great roads with brilliant scenery.

Thank you for confirming I wasn’t going mad damm built in tom Tom sat nav confusing me all I need to do now is take my eunos up there and not ma bloody van