A66 via Tan Hill Inn (Highest pub in England) to Hawes

Turning off the A66 follow the signs to the Tan Hill Inn (google maps calls it green lane), we didn’t stop there but turned right heading towards Hawes. One point you can see a burst fence over your bonnet but no road (slither slither). Couple of stomach churning drops then a long steep downhill into Keld (nice pub) and on into Hawes. Hawes seems to be a motor bike haven but for me, the cheese factory is the place to go. Then another enjoyable (but wider) road the A684 towards Richmond.
All carried out in my lovely new car with the roof down ~ perfect!

Dead noisy on the motorway though, roof up.

I’m sure you would enjoy it too.

Just after Keld you head into Buttertubs to get to Hawes, one of the most famous roads in England

Have a look at some of the roads and villages mentioned from the comfort of your armchair at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTtedeO7RCY

Thanks for the link, enjoyed it.

Rather than use the A684 from Hawes to Leyburn, which can be busy with tourists, us locals use the ‘back road’, the one that runs ‘parallel’ on the north side of the A684, passing through Askrigg. It’s generally a quieter road but more camber and twisty. After Redmire you can turn left and head up over the tops (at the top there is a layby and a great view point over Wensleydale) and join the A6108 to Richmond.