Aberdeenshire ND

Hi there, just joined the forum and new to the MX5 community. Loving my 2018 ND so far, 600miles completed in the first 4 days of ownership.

8 Likes

Hi Gogsie… That looks very nice and you a clearly enjoying MX-5ing! :slight_smile:
Just to let you know there is a welcome thread you might like to use, and I have a couple of ND specific photo threads on here too…

Rob

Welcome to the club.
Eternal Blue is beautiful. And not seen all that often. Good choice.
Enjoy!

@gogsie Welcome along, you should get the monthly email at the beginning of May detailing what’s happening in the area, we’d be happy to welcome you along to anything that’s happening. Alternatively send me a personal message PM if you’d like to be added to the local WhatsApp group.

You can also keep in touch with what’s going on through the Area page and on our Facebook page.

We had a great run out yesterday over the Cabrach and back via a great route.

From your pictures it looks like you may have picked the car up in Kintore!

Few upgrades added recently. Snagged a few bargains from ebay and fitted them this week.

First up was an Android USB hub and software upgrade so that Android Auto and Carplay now work. Thanks to Chris Aplin for the software.
Then i fitted the TT performance back box. Nice fit and sounds great, not too loud and no drone so far.

Then some Eibach pro kit springs, again a bargain from Ebay.

I’ll get some before and after pics sorted out later.
I also gave the components underneath a liberal coating of Lanoguard rust preventor.

2 Likes

A quick before and after of the springs.

4 Likes

That colour is glorious

Loving the MX5 ownership so far. 2.5k miles in and its the car of choice on the drive just now. Another wee blast this morning, 113miles from Sauchen over the Cabrach to Dufftown, then over the Lecht and over to Ballater then Tarland and home again.

The springs have made a huge difference to the car but the exhaust only lasted 200miles before it was taken off. Its not too loud just not to my taste (i must be getting old!).

4 Likes

Had a fun day out last week when i hired a Caterham and went for a drive with my Dad. We swapped cars throughout the day and got to know them both quite well.

4 Likes