About the Great Driving Roads category

Discovered a great road? Share it here.

In the Scottish Borders, the A708 between Moffat and Selkirk, 35 miles in length. Contains some wiggly bits and some great open sections. A favourite with the biker community, and I did once pull over to allow (!) a pair of Lamborghini Aventadors to slip past in a flurry of pops and crackles. Stunning scenery, esp along the shores of Loch of the Lowes and St Mary’s Loch. Good cafes in both towns. As on all Borders roads, do be aware of wandering sheep in the western half. Great in both directions.

2 Likes

This thread seems to have been dormant for quite a while now, or perhaps it has split, like they do on here on occasions.

Anyway, on a short break in Dorset recently, I discovered the road east from Bridport towards Abbotsbury (the B3157 I believe) and Weymouth. It’s great fun, with lots of hills, sweeping bends and long straights - oh, and fabulous views over Chesil Beach and the Jurassic Coast. Not to be missed.

2 Likes

If there’s anyone out there (why isn’t this the busiest thread on the site?) there’s a charity run from Blandford Forum this Saturday March 11th 12pm from Sunrise Business park that takes in the road you mentioned. Look up Driven for Charity on Fakey

I think the idea is that you create a thread within this forum area, not in this ‘about’ thread.

So create a new thread within this section here: Great Driving Roads - MX-5 Owners Club Forum