ABS Help please!

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ND RF
  2. I’m based near: Surrey
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: _ABS?

Hi All

On start up YELLOW ABS & TRACTION CONTROL & ELECTRIC VAC PUMP warning lights on!! can I remedy myself easily or is it a Mazda garage trip? (sounds expensive)

Thanks again

Kevin_

Have you had the battery disconnected ?
Do the lights not go out after a short drive ?

Hi

Lights keep on after driving, I disconnected the battery to see if they go but sadly not. Hoping its just all the rain we had last night? will give it a long drive to work later (safely) if not think its a trip to Mazda.

Hi
Not really familiar with the ND model, however from the symptoms I think the issue is either a fault on the vac pump or even a wheel speed sensor for the ABS.
With modern cars you really need to invest in a good quality OBD reader that can check modules like the ABS. Either get a code reader or take to a dealer to get the codes read, then once you know the exact reason, repair as required.
Sorry I cannot give a better answer.

Kevin

Has it got stop/start?
My SEAT daily driver had an array of codes show on the dash once, it was telling me certain faults TPS DSC EPC and engine management light all lit. After investigation it turned out it was a low battery, basically it wasn’t doing it’s job any longer. New battery sorted the problem.
My daily has stop/start so the battery needed to be in top condition.

Get the battery checked first, can’t harm if it’s not that move on to other stuff. You’ll probably need to get the codes cleared if you don’t have the tech handy to do that or leave for the garage to sort.

Like Kevin suggests it could be a wheel sensor. My VW Scirocco had the ESP, ABS, TPS lights on and it turned out to be the wheel sensor. Get it plugged in and see whats flagged up.

Thanks for thr reply… the problem was foxes had chewed through the wire which connects to the brakes etc !!! Cheers KP

Thanks for the reply… Foxes had chewed the ABS cable !!! Cheers KP

Thanks for the reply… Foxes had chewed the ABS cable!!! Cheers KP

Thanks for the reply… the foxes had chewed the ABS cable!! Cheers KP