Absolutely fantastic must-watch interview with Dave Coleman, Mazda engineer responsible for MX-5 development and design

Grab a cuppa and enjoy :sunglasses:

From Gearhead to Guru: Dave Coleman’s UNEXPECTED Journey & Why and How to MOD Your MX-5 Right! - YouTube

5 Likes

Cheers Adam, one for later on :+1: :teapot:

There was also this one last week on the same channel, on the '24 model revisions:

2 Likes

Yep, this is the full version of the one from last week :+1:

3 Likes

Until you actually watch the likes of respective youtubers such as Throttle House who said the steering ‘differences’ are pretty much unnoticeable, even back-to-backing it with a '23 plate ‘previous’ ND2

Hadn’t previously heard of that channel, thanks for sharing. Certainly their opinion holds some weight, but my gut feel is that Dave is a car nerd over a marketing guy - would be interesting to try an ND3 to see, though. Have spent a lot of time working on this with my ND1 and found some good improvements to steering feel and feedback.

Hopefully the rest of the video was interesting too.

It wasn’t really, imo. It just felt like someone trying to convince me to buy a new ND

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Recenlty I watched the Hagerty video on the MX-5 which was enjoyable as well.

1 Like

Yes, a few people across the boards are waiting for Jason Chamissa to give a proper review/drive of the latest incarnation if the ND, as well as Mark and Jack off the Savagegeese channel. These, together with the Throttle House one mentioned, will be a good indicator of if the steering really is substantially improved, or just waffle. So far the Throttle House one seemed to think it (any difference/improvements) was barely noticeable, if at all.

1 Like

That would be an interesting review for sure. If the consensus is that it is hard to notice unless you are driving them back to back, I’d be perfectly ok with that :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m happy enough with my ND1s steering, despite what many say.

1 Like

Here’s a great series for all things MX-5, very informative.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr-mTF1DFa-uYhVy6flJn83IiqLWgdssr&si=NXnQyQ-OSHlFKuRc

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Just watched one and there are some real great nuggets of info in there!