Added Parking Sensors

The beeper was so weedy I could not hear it with the top down.

So I’ve now done something about it.  I’ve moved it to immediately behind the driver’s seat, after having had a chat with a couple of people at the Rally yesterday who suggested easy ways to route the wire.  It took me about an hour today, including removing and replacing all the relevant panels and tidying the wire in place so it would not rattle about or chafe anywhere.

First of all I took the relevant covers in the boot off again to gain access to the control box and the wiring!

Then I moved the seat forward and pulled off the driver’s side PRHT access panel, fortunately remembering they have hooks at the bottom, and the spring catches are at the top.  A soft top has a cubby here instead.  I inserted my medium breaker bar in under the carpet to lift it clear of the humps to free up a channel, and fed in a bit of 1.5mm house wire from the boot for use as a draw string.  The picture shows the beeper plug taped to the end of the piece of wire and also the breaker bar peeping out from under the carpet.

I pulled it though to the boot, and this pic shows where it appears. The stiff wire was pushed through from this side because it catches on something if pushed from the cabin.

Then it was taped in place with some good double sided sticky I had left over from another job.  It is important that the lead will not be pinched later by the metal back plate that protects the fuel pipes etc.

The plug was fitted to the control box again, tested to make sure it still worked, and the remaining beeper lead tidied up with cable ties to the bit of loom next to the central bracket.

And this is where the beeper lives now.  It seems at least four times louder here, than when it was parked next to the control box.  So I guess the minimal traces of sound insulation in the boot etc actually do something.

EDIT
Reposted the pictures to better suit the new forum.

1 Like