Adding photo,s

I,m sure its on here somewhere. I am a member of the Range rover & ducati forums & to post a picture I click the green tree & it goes to a search engine. I then search to my hard drive & pick the already reduced size photo & insert. On here all I can find is url searches. Anyone that can help please. Surely I don,t have to go through one of those websites uploading & downloading photo,s. 

This forum doesn’t have a facility to upload directly from your computer. It’s to do with cost of storage of large pictures. There’s a good how to here https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst103907_Uploading-images-guide.aspx

Unfortunately with the format of this forum it means the photos aren’t hosted by the forum itself but acts as a vector for hosting 3rd party images. The website I use in the guide is incredibly straight forward and pretty snappy so it’s only the uploading portion you’d need to worry about. Once it’s uploaded, you’d probably be able to post to all of the forums you mention using just the one URL. I wouldn’t be surprised if all forums start veering towards this format for uploading pictures as its less heavy on servers and suchlike. :slight_smile:

Give my guide a go and see how you get on! Hopefully you won’t find it too tricky and, as always, if you’ve any questions about any of the steps just fire away!

The uploading of photographs, together with the overcoming of the seemingly constant slow operation problems, and the almost as regular ‘404 NOT FOUND’ error message appearances when posting, are the main issues which I hope will be sorted out if / when this site ever get revamped.

This is such an informative, interesting and fun web site to play around with, but it is spoiled by the same issues which seem to have been plaguing it for far too long.  Having to use a third-party web site to store photographs, and the round-the-houses uploading procedure that this entails is crazy in the second decade of the 21st century.

Unfortunately, if ‘cost’ is the main stumbling block to getting a better MX-5 OC web site, then we may have to pay more to get it !     

Hear, hear. It’s the dropouts that are bugging me most. I’m involved in a couple of other forums and they’re lightning quick compared to here. 

It would be nice to have direct uploads but I don’t mind uploading to a 3rd party - though it tends to forfeit copyrights for that image it does mean I’ve backed them up elsewhere which is reassuring.

I have a web site for my own business, and I store my MX-5 pictures on there, so loss of copyright doesn’t really affect me, but it still seems a very ‘Heath Robinson’ way to go about things to me !

I’m sure our tech guys at the OC do a fine job with what they have to work with, but I’m equally sure that they must get a little frustrated at times, especially when we all complain !

thanks for the info. Works great.

You think? 

I have written elsewhere and I’ll repeat it again, the forum offering is under active review, change will come, please don’t underestimate the complexity of maintaining continuity between different forum software.

Glad it worked for you!