Adjusting Ford Maverick washer jets

Hi, I’ve just fitted a pair of Ford Maverick windscreen washer jets on my mk1.
Fitting was easy but I now find the jet aim is too high. Great for washing the roof but not the windscreen.
I tried to push the slot in the washers down but they didn’t seem to want to move and I was reluctant to use too much force.
Does anyone know if these jets are adjustable, if not I’ll have to go back to the originals which seems a waste.
Thanks in advance.
D.

The same question is under discussion on this thread:

The current thinking is that they are probably not adjustable.

Have you checked that the new jets are fully pushed down and the latches have clicked into position? One of mine hadn’t located properly but once sorted they spray towards the middle of the windscreen but not onto the roof.

I found the stem wasn’t long enough on my Eunos Roadster, I had to extend them. Also spraying a bit high.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I had read that thread but as it was started in Feb 17 I didn’t realise that the latest post was only 4 days ago, and thought the whole thread was 4 years old.
For now I have swapped them back as Robbie has done.
Seems strange that some people have no problems. There’s even a video on UTube that shows them being fitted and the difference betwee the two. Just luck I guess.
I might try fitting some sort of restriction device ( adjustable pipe clamp maybe ) to try and reduce the flow at some point but for now I’ll live with the originals.
Thanks again.
D.

" I found the stem wasn’t long enough on my Eunos Roadster " I had no problem with this, fitted fine, just jet was too high.
D

Use a pin or needle in the hole and push up or down :wink:

" Use a pin or needle in the hole and push up or down " Sadly dosn’t work on the Ford jets.

Can anyone advise if these Ford Maveric washer jets fit into a Mk1 (Eunos) without any modification to the bonnet, thank you.

They fit but in my opinion are no good at actually supplying water to the correct parts of the windscreen. Correctly adjusted factory washer jets do the job nicely.