Admiral refund due to virus

hi , i received a letter a few weeks back saying i was due a refund from my insurance (Admiral ) due to covid19 and cars not being used as much. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:
now, today i got a cheque in post , no covering letter , no indication who its from ,

its from MBNA , anyone else received a cheque ??, anyone confirm its from Admiral ??? :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:
i can’t think of anyone that owes me money :thinking: :thinking:

Looks more like a refund for PPI on a credit card to me?

1 Like

nope , no ppi claim :thinking:

It says PPI in the header?

1 Like

Ian , i see that :thinking:
but never had mbna accounts , no ppi claims outstanding :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
its a mystery :money_mouth_face:

MBNA are part of the Lloyds Bank group, would that mean anything? If not why not ring the freephone number on the slip, it would probably save you guessing.

1 Like

You didn’t say, for how much?

2 Likes

the amount is only just over £20 , around 10% of my insurance price , thats why i assumed its admiral . :thinking: :thinking:
if i lose sleep over it i’ll call the number :rofl:

If you Google the phone number it’s for MBNA ppi refund as said by PhilGee & IanH.

1 Like

Admiral are sending out payouts of £25 per policy. Not had mine yet, expecting £50.
Yours must be for ppi or owed from MBNA or Lloyds group account.
I transferred monies from an ISA around 3 years ago but over 18 months on still received interest back in the account. If you closed the account it’s probably been sent by post any monies owing.

1 Like

ok , thanks guys , looking like its NOT admiral . :thinking:
i’ll wait and see if i get any letters / emails in next few days to clarify matters :+1:

just a bit strange that theres no letter with it , just random cheque :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I had an email today from Direct Line inviting me to send them a new figure for expected mileage this year, if it is a difference of over 1000 miles they say they will reduce premiums.

Problem now is anticipating how long I will be working from home?

1 Like