Adrian Flux - simply avoid

Don’t think you will get your car back. With my brother’s FTO, he went through a song and dance with AF over weeks, over the valuation, before he decided he wanted his car back. And then AF admitted that wasn’t possible, as the car had been auctioned off at some point. Naturally, he felt it was still his car. So he went to the Ombudsman. He never saw his car again.

I’ve just taken out a policy for my mk1 with Peter James, the company the club seems to be promoting at the moment.
Agreed value and no photos or independent valuation required.
When I first spoke to them I said the value was £2000. That valuation was about two years ago and I thought as prices have gone up maybe it would be worth upping the agreed value.
I phoned back and asked how much more would it cost to increase the agreed value to £3000. “ That’s fine sir it will be the same price” they said.
I hope they didn’t mean , that’s fine sir as we won’t pay out anyway.
D

1 Like

If you have legal cover, use it against them.

1 Like

Bit harsh mate

Category B

Your car is too damaged or old for repair but some parts may be re-used or sold second-hand, as long as they’re removed by an expert. A Category B write-off can’t be sold second-hand as a complete vehicle.

First bit is interesting if your Agreed Value isn’t going to be honoured.

Second bit is the law, not the insurer. Think it was brought in to stop cars reappearing on the road shaped like a banana. I t-boned a Volvo at 70 mph in 1994 and wrote off my company car. It was crushed up to the windscreen and had a ripple in the roof. I had whiplash and delayed shock. 3 months later a guy from south Wales rang me demanding the service record folder from the glove compartment. He had repaired it and was selling it on.

2 Likes

To be fair l can see your point,… l have Adrian Flux And found them to very good…

2 Likes

First mistake: ‘auto renewal’ - don’t do it!

1 Like

it wasn’t a mistake, I looked around but they offered the cheaper deal for what I wanted… obviously, now know better as I was expecting Adrian Flux to hold their side of the deal and not try find ways not to pay out the claim

Dan Adrian Flux# notable buy his absence

1 Like

And… breathe…………

4 Likes

Have you given in, or are you fighting them.
Based on the covering letter, I’d be fighting them.
I’d definitely be calling the legal cover and speaking to the insurance ombudsman.
Maybe you may have to make an official complaint first though.

Can’t really see Dan from Adrian Flux airing their laundry in public…

2 Likes

sent them (them being AXA and copart) all docs and have argued they got the value of the car wrong in the first place as well as the lovely person who did the valuation - remotely - is a complete £$|%". other than the value of the car that has declared mods is wrong but also he categorized the car wrong with more damage than it actually has, as its not damaged structurally. in addition categorizing the car due to the cost of repairing it does not apply to me.

told them the claim is canceled multiple times and that I just want my car back so kindly asked them to categorize the car correctly, return it and leave me alone. The car is still at their depo (checked) and told them also that I want the car back.

failing for them to do the right thing its the ombudsman claiming the car cost and for all the trouble they put me through,.

as for dan… when he decides to chip in to a person asking for insurance I will make sure they will also read this…
so… its all fair game adian flux… you got my corner I got yours…

Sorry to hear this, George. Hope you reach a satisfactory outcome.

1 Like

If I had a complaint to take to the Ombudsman I had to pay the fee, which was £350. If it’s the same for them it might focus their minds, even if it is just a threat.

Other than being an industry funded tool to kick the can down the road (my experience) an ombudsman service makes judgements based on civil law principles and weight of evidence. A paperwork trail and a rational argument is key. Vent your spleen on here, not with the Ombudsman.

f.y.i.

Contacted Dan Adrian Flux # when doing my insurance in Nov '23

He PM’ed me in Dec '23 to apologize and said he’d been having problems with his profile on the Club Site

Hi mate
I’ve been following you for a while hope you get your car back it was a lovely modified car
I was with LV but moved to Adrian flux few weeks ago, Because of my remap, Exhaust, mods also some cosmetic mods. I hope I haven’t made a mistake moving to Adrian flux

1 Like

Hard to call I guess. I’m in my 3rd year with them, mod’s list all declared, fixed value at 4k miles per annum. No drama’s thus far (obviously, I haven’t had to make a claim with them) :thinking:

Just a tangent update… so the legal expenses bit we all pay in our insurance. I rang AF today inquiring about talking with the legal department team about exercising my 25 quid worth (or whatever it was) of legal aid on this matter…

After speaking with five customer service representatives three giving me different claim department numbers and one hanging up on me - as apparently they couldn’t hear me - the fifth person finally managed to give me a number and patch me through. The legal department of AF is with Allianz Insurance btw and what they actually offer is advice, they won’t fill out forms for you or do any other work other than give you advice over the phone. And their advice was to take it with the ombudsman. I guess during the weekend I’m going to be doing that. So if I was involved in a serious accident and got sued… would that be covered?

Was it worth the 25 quid? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Try Citizens Advice. Depending on what you need, and sometimes where you live, it can be possible to get, say, 30 minutes of legal advice for free. Some firms will also give you a general steer before getting into charging you. Finding free or affordable legal help - Citizens Advice

Some employers (normally larger companies in my experience) will fund employee helplines, and that can include advice on all sorts of matters, including legal ones.