Advanced Driver Course MX5 Members

Unless I am going crazy… but I swear I saw an advanced driver course discounted for MX5 club members ??
Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks.

Have a look on page 69 of the August club magazine.

I dont have a magazine??

:+1: you beat me to it.

2 Likes

Thank you ! I saw it posted on this forum but the link was dead. I’m glad I’m not nuts :joy::joy:

I did my advanced driving test in 2008 I really enjoyed the process :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

Hoping to book it… what sort of things am I to expect ??

Lots of great advice on defensive driving skills over a number of weeks then a 2 and half hour driving test to complete ( iirc)
Well worth the money ( £100 when I did mine )
I really enjoyed it :red_car::red_car::red_car:

2 Likes

Sounds good…! Doesnr affect your lisence if you fail mind does it ?

1 Like

Lol … no :confounded:
Good luck and enjoy :wink:

I’ve fired off a query to them, advising that it could be financially beneficial to them should they reinstate the offer as I am interested as well. At 70, you’re never too old to learn.
I’ll post an update should I receive a reply from them.

Laurie

2 Likes

That’s very helpful. Thank you !

I arranged that offer a few years ago, and at the time we actually gave away a number of courses in a competition! So far as I know the offer is still valid but if not can you let me know and I’ll look to get it reinstated. I do know that all the personnel I dealt with have gone now, as I started with the then CEO and then a commercial manager who has also moved on.
I have a vested interested as a qualified National Observer for IAMRoadsmart (who are a charity so no commercial interests here) and I can’t praise getting the course and taking the advanced test highly enough. its made a huge difference to my driving, and being one of their volunteer team really keeps me on my toes as well, as had to do a further assessment to keep my observer status just a few weeks ago.
So as I said when we initially promoted this, don’t just polish your MX-5, polish your driving as well!

5 Likes

… because it’ll just get dirty again ! :smiley:

For anyone interested in advanced driving etc. you’ll find these video channels of interest:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RoadSkillsUK/videos
https://www.iam-bristol.org.uk/index.php/articles/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fDyubAs3eLup-3COgsyRQ/videos

The Chris Gilbert DVDs are good too, though sadly I’ve scratched one of mine :cry:

2 Likes

Thank you :grin:

I’ve just received a couple of emails from IAM Roadsmart who have very kindly offered us a 10% discount, with permission to publish them as follows:

”Good afternoon Laurie,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about the Mazda MX-5 club discount. We no longer offer 20% as a discount, it was discontinued in December 2020. Unfortunately it looks like the member benefits section on the website has not been updated. We are currently offering a 10% discount for all Mazda MX-5 members who wish to embark on their Advanced Driving Course with us.

I will look into getting the discount amended to avoid any further confusion and generate a new discount code for members to use.

Many thanks”

And

“Hi Laurie

Of course, the new code is mx5oc let me know if you need anything else.

Many thanks”
@martin - could you arrange to get this offer information updated in the magazine.

1 Like