Aftermarket grille for ND

There’s nothing particularly wrong with the NDs grille, but I do quite like the look of this aftermarket alternative. A bit expensive (and it does require quite a bit of work to fit it would seem) but maybe of interest to some ND owners.

If you have the pedestrian “exploding bonnet”, or whatever the acronym is, then you will not be able (I believe) to fit this as the sensors etc. are fitted to the existing plastics which have to be removed.

Looks good but where does the number plate go?

Could be a lot more trouble than it’s worth!

I much prefer either the Zunsport grille or half grille as they just fit over the ND OE grille. They look just as good (or better), are a lot cheaper with no silly lights (I just don’t think they suit the car’s styling). I have half grille’s on mine (from MX5 Parts) and I know other member have fitted one or the other on their cars. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I’m not in the market (at the moment) but will bear in mind. :+1:

1 Like

The fitting video on their site shows the sensors being refitted, but there is no front number plate seen at any point.

1 Like

I noticed that grill on this car for sale on autotrader, wasnt so sure on it

linky to ad

2 Likes

Personally, I think that looks pretty good.

1 Like

But is it £540.00 good??? :thinking:

1 Like

Same but no lights! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’d struggle to get that amount signed off by Mrs MX2000 I have to say. Still if it’s in the January sale I suppose I could try! :wink:

2 Likes

I bought mine direct, no lights but huge price difference! :+1:

https://www.carbonmiata.com/shop/mazda-mx-5/nd-15-mazda-mx-5-mazda-mx-5/exterior-parts-nd-15-mazda-mx-5-nd-15-mazda-mx-5-mazda-mx-5/grilles/spyder-grille/

2 Likes

That is a much better price and it looks better without the lights.

4 Likes

I got the zunsport Full grille because I didn’t fancy dismantling my car to fit it. It’s great! I fitted it in about ten minutes and I’m usually a bit rubbish at things like this.

2 Likes

I got the zunsport half grill in black, took 90 seconds to fit in the dark with a torch in my mouth, protects but discreet, I didn’t want it to draw attention to it.

2 Likes

Looks good. I fitted a zunsport on my mk2 and that looked good too.

2 Likes

+1 for the half Zunsport

3 Likes