Agreed valuation, what are prices doing?

Hi All, My insurance is up for renewal, I want to check if I should be adjusting my agreed valuation.

I have a completley stock 1994 1.8is in Red. In very good condition, genuine 60k miles, leather seats and all of the usual extras in the iS model. The car is very clean with no rust or repair work having been required (I have owned it more than 10 years). Just had the wheels powder coated and new tyres.

I have a current agreed valuation of £4k but wonder if thats a bit low seeing what some people are asking for a tidy NA.

Currently insured with FJ.

Thanks

As an indicator I use the Hagerty valuation tool. It’s not completely accurate but a good guide. You can cross check this with also looking at similar car listings on the Car and Classic website and MX-5 OC listings too.

Doesn’t sound unreasonable. I think that in the event of theft or an accident the insurer will make up its own mind how much they think the car is worth irrespective of what you think it’s worth, correct me if I’m wrong.

Hi Dave, thats the whole point of an agreed valuation. If I just had standard insurance they would pay out the WeBuyAnyCar valuation which is probably £500. With agreed valuation you send photos of the condition and pay a little extra for an agreed valution. I am not sure how that works if the damage is caused by a third party as they have obvioulsy not agreed to that valuation so perhaps my own insurance would have to cover the difference? Worth going and reading the small print I think.

Thanks, thats a good guide, while my car is not a show winner it is very tidy. Its so hard to judge pricings when looking at adverts as you can’t see the condition. I saw a lot of dogs when I was looking for my car.

That’s a useful link thanks. Just wish they’d put some citation on it to say when these figures were last updated. (If it was a 911 you could watch it change daily! :slight_smile:

I’ve got mine on an agreed valuation basis of ~£6k on a '91 as it’s in amazing condition, but this was agreed a few years ago, so hence interested to know if it’s moving in the right direction.

For context, I’ve had the car for 25 years, so value isn’t really important as it owes me nothing and has given me countless years of pleasure… but it’s handy to know incase the worst happens.

1 Like

The valuation price doesn’t move very much…I think finding good examples of NA’s is obviously getting harder so the valuation needs to reflect this.

Thanks!