Ahhhh! It's all different!

Hello everybody,

I hope to keep this brief because it is about time that I be heading to bed. But, as you’ll (hopefully) by now noticed, the new website is at last live. To some extent it is still in ‘beta’ over the next few weeks as we iron out some of the creases that have come to light as part of this final deployment stage, and then we’ll commence the continuous development that I have spoke of before - this is not something at will ever be “done”. We’ll be continuously looking to tweak and improve wherever possible.

No doubt as you explore the site and the forum you will notice one or two things that don’t work quite as you expect, or may not even work at all. Can you please bring things like this to the attention of the admin team and we will look to resolve it ASAP.

I hope everybody likes what they see, and if you don’t, please keep in mind that there has been an awful lot of work gone into this - feedback is always welcome, but try not to hurt my feelings Tongue Out.

Well done Ramsay! Get a good nights sleep mate, it’s well deserved

Well its certainly brighter now…

I think i may need sunglasses on this forumCoolLaughing

Noticed a couple of issues, but sure you are attending to them in good time.

An issue - in the middle of selling things and my mailbox is now empty. All threads lost.

Something that didn’t get moved?

I can understand dumping all the archived stuff but recent postings would be good - say the last months-worth?

Other than that, it’s certainly a heck of a lot quicker to get on to the site and navigate around it! Could take ages for pages to load before.

Well done Ramsay, I know how long and hard you have worked towards this. Off to explore now.

Looks as if it’s gone back in time, much prefered the look of the older siteFrown

G’day Doug

Ramsay put up a post on the old forum saying, if you want to keep any PM stuff, copy it to your own pc as the PM system wouldn’t/couldn’t be transferred over.

Hope that helps explain things a little

Ah. Obviously I didn’t see that. The first I knew the forum was changing was last night when the ‘Blocking notice’ went up. C’est la vie. Off with the old and on with the new,eh? Smile 

That’s the spirit mate

Help can not find how to put avitor back on, I see some have found how to do it 

G’day Mal

Go to MY PROFILE top of the page directly below the logo

Click on MODIFY AVATAR

Find the pic on your PC and click UPDATE

Think I found it.

Hi

Is there a way to get the little boxes with “my posts”, “active posts” and “unanswered posts” back on to the forum main page?

99% of the time I would use these boxes to participate on the forum, as there are rather too many forum sections to look through otherwise.

I know that most BB software has similar options or extensions - so hopefully this feature can return.

Looking good. Thanks for all your hard work. Now Im off to explore…

Gosh I bet that was a long night, well done Ramsay and any helpers!

Just 2 queries,

are there any user-selectable alternative skins as this one is going to blind me in the evening and

are all links to the forum in old posts now broken or will forwarding be put on the old url?

Thanks, Rich.

Sorry for the downer but was this written, proof read and tested by monkeys?

In just two minutes I have seen over ten mistakes in English on the website and forum.

Also why could the area forums not be transferred as you already have the information.

Otherwise well done I like the new look.

If you let me know what is wrong with the English then I can sort it.

Area forums will come today - the data is all there but the permissions need to be setup (something I couldn’t easily migrate) but at 03:30 I had to call it a night, as I am about to do again and catch another 30 minutes sleep.

What makes the area forums different/difficult is that there is no pattern to them - some are disabled, some have read-only subforums, etc, so it isn’t quick to rattle through as it is with others.

Oh, and as for Forum gramatical mistakes - yes, there are quite a few - English was not the first language of the team who wrote it. Everything is in resource files and is very easily changed if people let me know when they see things that aren’t quite right.
I think the worst one (which is fixed already) was along the lines of “hopefully you can try to login” - didn’t exactly inspire confidence to new users…

Is there an option to have the old colours (eg a profile setting)?

As an IT person, I understand the need for underlying change, but keeping things looking the same on the surface is no bad thing, certainly in terms of colour schemes.

It’s like the qwerty keyboard, once you are used to it - why change it?