Air bag problems

Hi been off here for a while as my car died and got another one it’s took nearly a year to get it back on the road everything done to it anyway any help with this drove it back from Leyland just got back to Manchester and the air bag warning light come on and off then it went off for a while then started again on then off any ideas please :pleading_face:

Have a look under the seats and make sure the connectors are plugged in fully.

My mate has an NC - he had the seats out to dry the car.
when he replaced the seats - he never plugged the passenger seat in fully.

His airbag light would come on randomly when driving.

Seating the connector fully and making sure it locked sorted the issue.

1 Like

Cheers thx for that :grinning: will have a look :smiling_face:

I agree with CBRDEANO although mine neeeded a bit more than that after a water ingress problem :

Under the seats at the front there is a large white connector which ISTR you have to lift a lever on the side to uncouple. Disconnect the battery first, then release the seat connectors, give them a good squirt of Servisol switch cleaner then reconnect and disconnect the connector a couple of times. While you’re down there, make sure your carpets are dry as moisture down there can be a cause of that block being intermittent.
After you reconnect the battery you’ll have to move the steering wheel from one full lock to the other to get rid of the DSC error light.

Note : This is for an NC (Mk3). Others will vary.

1 Like

Cheers