AK Automotive

For a few years the guys at AK Automotive, Rowlands Gill have serviced my Mk3 annually. I’ve had excellent service from them. I’m trying contact them to arrange for the annual service plus MOT but the phone isn’t being answered and their website seems to have been disabled.

Does anyone have up-to-date info regarding their operation? Are they still in business? Have they changed their phone number?

I’d appreciate any update.

I believe they are trying to expand and have promised too may clients too much.

Therefore ending up not delivering to all their clients.

To be very honest there is nothing different about a Mk3 than most other cars and I would just take it to a trusted local garage.

Latest phone number 01207 544071 incase that has changed.

Tim, I think we have spoken now? If not give us a call on 01207 544071 on Monday.
Just to clarify AK Automotive are very much in business, we have grown steadily in the 12 years we have been operating and now employ six full-time staff & two part-time. However we were short staffed this week and next, due to staff holidays and I can only apologise if we haven’t been getting to the phone.

Ps, I wasn’t aware we had any unhappy clients, our reviews don’t suggest so and I haven’t been made aware.
The website was very outdated and was taken down midway though the year, a new swanky website is imminent.

Fraz - AK Automotive

We have indeed spoken Fraz! I’m looking forward to availing myself of your excellent service on Tuesday. Looking forward to the new website too!

Dealt with Fraz & the guys for years, no issues at all.

My Mk1 is still belting around after 5 years with one of their replacement mills.

Just a pity they must move away from the spares side of things as their business model evolves as they were cheap, next day or and as described.

I’m hoping I was unlucky as everyone else says they are ok.

About 5 years ago I bought a mk1 centre console from AK Automotive via Ebay.

Because they hadn’t put much packaging round it when it arrived it had been snapped almost in half where the ashtray recess is.

When I contacted them with photos of the damage they didn’t really want to know, and I got the responce ‘we always package them up that way’. I could however send it back at my expence for a refund.

When I saw the cost for me to return it was going to be £8 (against a £10 part plus postage) it just wasn’t worth the bother. Most sellers I dealt with have offered to pay the return postage or say throw it in the bin.

I decided never to deal with them again.