Alarm issue NC1

I have an NC1 2007, alarm started going off every 2-3 days strangely same time of 4.30 am ! Noticed while back indicators on locking car did not flash but flashing now so wondering if it is a micro switch, bonnet maybe playing up ?. Is the switch easy enough to get at as can see wires down by bonnet latch. Just wondering if lights didn’t flash due to switch open circuit but now making a circuit but breaking down hence triggering the alarm.

Have a read at the links below, especially the phone interference thing first.

Thanks Mick,aware of phone in car etc, strange its same time when it goes off. Does locking the car with the key in the door leave the alarm off as when i do it no indicators flash. Maybe coincidence playing up since indicators flashing as normal on arming as I’m sure in the nearly two years I’ve had it when i lock with the fob i just heard the locking mechanisms only.

I’ve found the indicators will not flash always if I’ve repeatedly locked/unlocked the car. Same when opening/closing the boot repeatedly whilst the rest of the car is locked, the lights don’t always flash.
I think it’s to do with the system resetting etc.
Anyways have you tried disabling the interior sensors when locking/arming the system? Press the right lower button (red) within 3 secs of locking the car should disable.

Ah should have mentioned tried that and alarm went off a few minutes later.

1 Like

It is the flash of the indicators that indicate the arming of the alarm. If you lock the car with the transmitter with the boot open, the indicators do not flash. If you then shut the boot the indicators will flash to indicate that the alarm is arming. If another perimeter switch is open, the bonnet or a door for example, the indicators should not flash on locking. The security light on the dash flashes quickly during the arming stage and then slows to a steady flash once the system is fully armed.