Algae under rear window

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ '21 R-Sport
  2. I’m based near: __Neath
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Hi all, I have noticed the grey roof of my R-Sport going green with algae under the rear window. I have bought some Auto Glym Concertinle cleaner, but because of the bad wet weather, i haven’t been able to use it yet. I also need a dry spell for kt to dry. What can i do to stop the growth until the weather gets better (if it ever will!) Ive raad about milton but im worried about staining the roof…

Milton solution and a toothbrush cleared mine no issues.

Weak solution of the above (Milton) and toothbrush here did the job when I had a soft top.
You don’t need it to be dry before giving it a light scrub, it gets wet anyway when cleaning and rinsing🤔

Thanks for the replies. What ratio of milton to water would people recommend?

I did 1:10 (by eye!)

Don’t forget to partially drop the hood so you can attend to the ‘hidden’ parts of the cloth as well.
:hearts:

1 Like

I’ve found Milton to be just as good as the branded roof cleaners, if not better.

The biggest problem is that even when you think you have removed all the green there will be some left in the water. Once it dries there will be some remaining.

The answer is to remove as much water as possible. A really absorbant drying towel or better still a wet and dry vacuum.

Personally I clean with Milton, dry it off, then repeat.

Thanks for all the replies and advice! Much appreciated :clap: one last question… how much pressure should i use when scrubbing the roof?

Light and gentle does it. Better three light goes than one aggressive one.
:hearts: