Alignment issues - sort of ? Camber problem

1. My model of MX-5 is: nc2

Was getting a track day setup done today, car was way out and had almost zero front camber.

Wasn’t able to quite achieve the targets I wanted:

Front Left -2.3 degrees camber -0 degrees 1 minute toe out

Front right -1.5 degrees camber -0 degrees 1 minute toe out

Caster on both sides 5.38

Rear Left -2.5 with 0 degrees 2 minutes toe in
Rear Right -2.5 with 0 degrees 3 minutes toe in

Total tear toe 5 minutes in
Total front toe -2 minutes out

So issues are:

Not enough front camber adjustment and the front right won’t go anywhere near, bolt is maxed out to get that I got.

Could knackered lower arm bushings cause the lack of adjustment? What else could be causing an inability to get anywhere near -2.5 on front

We ran out of time or I’d have asked to take some of the rear camber out, so it’ll stay like this for now.

But interested in suggestions about fixing the front up. New arms? New bushings? New adjustment bolts?

no one?

Dark arts of alignment.

I would try here

Sadly I don’t facebook

1 Like

There is sooooo many things that need to be considered before someone can give you the answer……
That said -1.5 camber on the front is about what you would see on a stock car.

Any more than 2degrees and you will loose masses of time on the brakes where the mk4 is very strong

Not from a car dropped on a set of clubrace it isn’t.

There should be much more camber available from the standard bolt, which isn’t present on one side.

Car is running low, with AR1’s and can handle the camber just fine, at -1.5 the front end was washing out, it needed the camber to sharpen up a little, I have braking performance to spare!

My question here isn’t about the alignment, it’s about what could be causing the right hand side to be so terribly far away from the right.

My primary guess is screwed bushes and bolts on old arms, and I’ll likely just replace the lot and see where we are at.