Alloy Pedals ND

Hi All

Small, simple and cheap mod, I.L.Motorsport alloy pedal covers. Look nice when you open the door and feel nice if like me you drive bare foot.

Mark

3 Likes

:smiley: Just this second ordered mine from MX5 Parts while in the sale!!
Looking forward to fitting them now I’ve seen yours!

1 Like

Look very nice, how easy were they to fit?

Hi Baggers200

They are of a good quality and I think you will be pleased with them.

Mark

Hi MRH1962

I found them easy to fit. The throttle and foot rest are attached with self tapping screws to the original pedals. For the brake and clutch you remove the original rubbers and press fit the new ones in their place. The brake and clutch covers are a tight fit and I found it best to remove the alloy covers from the new rubbers by bending back the securing tabs. Then fit the new rubbers to the pedals and place the alloy covers over the top and bend the tabs back into place. They are a very good fit and don’t move around or vibrate.

Mark

Marvellous, many thanks Mark, helpful advice

Thanks Mark.
Reading the reviews on MX5Parts a few people did say the clutch and brake pedals were a little awkward to fit and some suggested putting them in hot water for a few minutes beforehand as well

Another pic of the pedals close up so you can see where the screws go.

Mark

1 Like

How do these compare with the Mazda ones. I know price is a major factor but are they worth the extra?
:heart:

Hi Mad_Malc

I honestly don’t know how they compare. These were an impulse buy last spring from MX5parts during one of their sales. I did look briefly at the Mazda ones but decided to go with the cheaper ones from MX5parts. I have been pleased with them so far.

Mark

I decided to go for the Mazda ones and this is what they look like.

They look good and the quality is fine but the price is exorbitant for what they are.

1 Like

Had mine fitted from new, but I completely agree with what you say Malc!

Hello
For the Mx-5 parts ones do you feel a difference in the grip on the bottom on the foot?

A.K.

Hi AK, They are both from MX5Parts and are provided to them by Mazda and IL Motorsport.
For the Mazda ones I would say the clutch and brake is ‘grippier’ and the other two are the same.

Hi Malc

The pedals look good, very sporty.

Mark

Hi A.K.

I agree with Malc grip wise. I would also say the throttle in particular feels a lot more tactile.

Mark

Guys, I have fitted a full set Mazda of Alloy pedals to my 100th Anniversary MX5. I am really pleased with the result.

They look fantastic against the maroon carpeting :heart_eyes:

The job is straight forward enough, but fitting the foot rest was the most difficult. Trying to reach behind the carpet in the foot well to line the plate up with the fixing screw was not easy.

The car isn’t a week old yet and I desperately didn’t want to crease the carpet while I was trying to pull it back for access behind. I had already broken out into a cold sweat after drilling the fixing holes required in the accelerator and foot rest :cold_sweat:. Job went well though.

Couple of things worth noting however:

1. The foot rest and accelerator both have holes through them and not rubber raised buds, so the black you see is actually the black of the original foot rest/pedal behind. Just not what I was expecting.
  2. The brake and clutch pedals both have rubber buds.
  3. The holes in the foot rest have a slightly raised edge to them, why??? It just makes it look different to the other three.

All in all a very worth while mod to an already very beautiful car. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I had them all fitted to my 30AE from new by the dealer. The only reason I can think of why the footrest is different from the others is that is a separate item to the pedal kit so is probably made to different spec.

very much like mine in fact could be the same brand but they do look very smart

Just fitted mine (from mx5parts.co.uk). Look good would definitely recommend. In terms of fitting the foot rest and accelerator are very straightforward just self tappers on top of the original plastic. The brake and clutch more fiddly to get on. My tips would be soak in hot water for couple of mins to soften the rubber, put the top of the pedal on first. The tricky bit is getting the last corner on as obv the rubber is tight. I struggled a bit with my fingers then used a metal tyre lever had for bike tyres and that just popped the last corner on quite easy. Few minutes of a job :slight_smile: