Alloy Pedals ND

Guys, I have fitted a full set Mazda of Alloy pedals to my 100th Anniversary MX5. I am really pleased with the result.

They look fantastic against the maroon carpeting :heart_eyes:

The job is straight forward enough, but fitting the foot rest was the most difficult. Trying to reach behind the carpet in the foot well to line the plate up with the fixing screw was not easy.

The car isn’t a week old yet and I desperately didn’t want to crease the carpet while I was trying to pull it back for access behind. I had already broken out into a cold sweat after drilling the fixing holes required in the accelerator and foot rest :cold_sweat:. Job went well though.

Couple of things worth noting however:

1. The foot rest and accelerator both have holes through them and not rubber raised buds, so the black you see is actually the black of the original foot rest/pedal behind. Just not what I was expecting.
  2. The brake and clutch pedals both have rubber buds.
  3. The holes in the foot rest have a slightly raised edge to them, why??? It just makes it look different to the other three.

All in all a very worth while mod to an already very beautiful car. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes