Alloy Refurb in Surrey

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2008 mk3
  2. I’m based near: Esher
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Wheel refurbishment

Any recommendations for wheel refurbers in the surrey area? Only had my MX-5 since Feb; The wheels need some TLC, it looks like previous owner(s) has just coated over the top of damage which isn’t ideal, and I find myself having wheel envy when I see other MX-5s with lovely wheels so would love to sort them out.

I was going to do the same, but was getting quotes of £60 is per wheel, assuming no cracks warps etc. from places in Chessington and Farnborough.

So I then looked into replacement wheels, and bought a set online, and got them fitted and balanced with new Goodyears before being shipped to me, and ended up with these at under £90.

https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-wheels/brock/rc32/7.0x17-5x114.3-et53-67.1-83.html

Then add in tyres cheaper than anywhere else, with fitting, and it was a no brainer to buy new than refurb the old ones. Then sold the old wheels on ebay.

So unless you are desperate to keep the originals, or are worried about an extra kg per corner, then I suggest you consider new ones. Also means you swap straight over with no waiting with your car on blocks for a turn around on the refurbishment.

Don’t buy generic Chinese ebay specials, reputation for being a bit soft and have been known to fail.

thanks! all sounds like very sound advice :grin: