Alloy wheel blemishes

My 56 NC having been left outdoors during winter now has a number of blemishes on the wheels. Definitely not kerbing but looks like scratches or splintering but not uneven to the touch? Any ideas?

1 Like

My 06 NC had the same problem . Just got them powder coated four week’s a’go . Now look like new.

Lacquer peel more likely, water gets under and lifts the coating. Unless of course something in the air has attacked the coating. Unless these wheels are kept meticulous each week clean it will eventually happen and they degrade
As said above, refurb is ok, place near me does it £60 per alloy, some places are cheaper some more expensive, take your choice.

Appreciated…looks like the answer do they remove tryes etc included in price ?

Thx doesnt kook like water damage or oxidation they are powder coated so guess thats the answer albeit odd how quickly they deteriorated

I would say powder coating needs tyres removed, usually quote an all in price, removal, refit and balance.
Some refurb painted wheel outfits can/may paint wheels without removing the tyres, they just deflate the tyres and break the seals to mask up.

Thanks appreciate the insight

Hi .Yes they removed the tyre’s had the whole wheel powder coated in gun metal . As she is in silver just to give her some contrast .