Alloy wheel insurance

I am considering taking out extra insurance against damage to alloy wheels. Such cover is offered by a few companies including Motoreasy. Does anyone have any experience of taking out and/ or claiming on such insurance?

never heard of it before so every time you kerb a wheel they pay to have it refurbished is that the sort of thing you’re talking about if so can’t see it happening

So you can claim for wheel damage without claiming against car insurance. Generally only factory wheels without pre-existing damage. But there is a cap on the number of claims you can make each year.

To have superficial damage repaired and the wheel refinished it’s normally about £50 pounds in Kent for a 17. Not sure how much insurance is as I’ve never used it but worth considering before paying out for it.

they say there is a cap on claim’s I bet there is if my missus was driving they would be getting refurbished two or three times a week :grinning:

1 Like

We’re picking up a 3yr old car for my wife today and were offered 3yr policy for alloy and cosmetic paint/dent insurance for an extortionate price.
Shopping around, Motoreasy came in at £486 for 3yrs, allowing 6 claims per year with no excess on each policy. So effectively 18 scuffs to alloys and 18 scratches/dents to bodywork over the 3 years. Obvs with t&cs.

Not a bad price for peace of mind if you’re a clumsy driver but we decided to set £500 aside and use that for any cosmetic repairs if/when we decide to move it on.

I had a warranty Motoreasy policy in the past and they’re very aggressive on pricing. Don’t bite at first quote and they’ll improve their offer., if you can put up with the constant text/email/calls from their sales team.

Hi i have used motoreasy on last three cars and havs it on my ND. Good product value for money and when u do claim the response and repair is top quality

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.