Alpine AVN2 woes

Are you sure that’s a backup from the Alpine (AVN2) system, and not the earlier Sanyo (NVA-SD8110) one?

I thought the Alpine system was introduced part-way through 2014, but you say your backup is from January 2014. Also, the whole file structure is totally different to my (Alpine) backup.

I think this was from my 2013 Sport Graphite so you are probably correct @Philip, but would the TomTom install help, or are the installs complete different?

If it is from the earlier unit, then I believe that the firmware/software will be entirely different. One was made by Sanyo and uses TomTom maps, the other was made by Alpine and uses Naviextra maps (although I believe that it’s possible to get it to run iGo maps - there’s a discussion about it here and a document here).

I also have a NaviExtras App installed on my PC which has backups dated for 2015 I am guessing this was from my 25AE. @BRGBrian have you used this software to do your re-installation? This is my backup folder:Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 15.20.24

1 Like

I have the Naviextras, but no backup to try and reinstall.

Would you mind sharing the backup?

My problem is that I do not have a backup to reload. Im third owner of this car and while there is a manual, no nav software supplied.

I think that should be ‘ok’ I’m not sure what it backs up I guess at worse you might get my contacts and where I’ve been on the sat nav :rofl:! I’ll have a look and see what is in the compress data file first as I might be able to ‘clean’ it before I send it to you.

If you could that would be great. If not and I manage to recover the system, I promise I will reset the history.

I suspect that this would be my last chance to recover the navigation function.

Any help gratefully received.