Android Pumpkin PX-5

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2 Litre Sports Tech
  2. I’m based near: Pontefract
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Android 10 Pumpkin PX-5
    Fitted to my 10 year old car bought last week - no instructions - very comfusing what is on-line does anyone have a copy they can e-mail - thanks

I take it you have the Pumpkin unit fitted in the car and need the operating instructions or do you want to fit one.
Have tried typing into Google the model no and searching for a guide?

Hi Mick - fitted to the car and yes tried Google with no luck

Any help?

Thank you Bob

My google is obviously better than your google, there are a few u tube videos available

People talk about skill with Google as having good Google-fu.

Congratulations, Bob-san on your high grade in this discipline. :sunglasses:

Nice welcome from the Mazda MX-5 Owners Club - As i said i used Google but info is not very detailed especially with no password etc - wont ask again

I’m sorry you feel pretty let down, Peter, that’s never the intention. Unfortunately, you’ve asked about something unusual which is not a part of anyone else’s car, meaning there’s no available knowledge, not that there is no willingness to help.

Had the question been about the car itself, or a standard upgrade, you’d have had heaps of people looking to help out with the distributed knowledge that exists in the club.,

Realise now Pumpkin is a special as they have replied from the USA and have no UK support What i did not like was the comments on why i could not use Google - made it clear i wanted some help as what is on Google is limited

Getting results from Google efficiently is something of a knack, perhaps even a skill.
It’s not something I’m especially good at, I find myself rephrasing searches all the time in order to find the required information.
Sometimes a specific ‘question’ works best but sometimes more vague seems better…
I for one would be interested in any tips from Googling experts thst they would care to pass on

1 Like

All too often now the result of a Google search is what they are being paid to push, and not what you are looking for. Sometimes I skip the first page without even looking at it.

This happens with Amazon now as well, even worse and utterly useless. I can be on a product page, copy the description, paste it into the search and it never appears! Just far eastern junk blocking logical thought.

This is a great shame, here was a time they worked brilliantly, now most search engines seem to be broken by advertising.

EDIT

I’ve just done a google search on how to search Amazon and by serendipity discovered this in a section bemoaning the loss of excluding items by adding a - prefix or a NOT prefix as one used to be able to in the “Advanced Search”.

Now, however, if you add a + as prefix before a keyword it pushes it to the head of the sort queue.

eg1. all sorts of dross appears instead if I put in
Audiohub AH115-G2

eg2. but the desired Laney Audiohub item appears as the first item when I put in
+Audiohub AH115-G2

3 Likes

Great tip :+1:

1 Like

Are you sorted as I have a pumpkin which is superb