Anger management

Topic of the minute … Why are people so “angry” in this country that provides for every whim?
Just a thought.

1 Like

Increase over decades of selfish, toxic personal gratification & sociopathic levels “devil take the hindmost” self entitlement.
My Grandfather ( a hard, tough Clydeside cabinet maker) taught me the “Hand of 5” 60 odd years back.
It’'s simple. He said, words to the effect, " If you go through life being able to count on one hand souls you know you can 100% rely on, family or not, you will be fortunate" Everyone else can and will come and go.
Statistically, he turned out spot on. Cynical or pragmatic? Free to choose.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with that summation, the more selfish people are, the more angry and intolerant they are!:-1:

If there’s one thing I can’t stand!

it’s intolerance…

Apply 1 basic rule:
Be excellent to each other (nice is such a weak word)

and if you can’t

self isolate.

Thank you Mike, I have done…and that was a long time(years) before the Coronavirus.

1 Like

Sometimes its the anger of other people that make you angry yourself, I’ve lost count of the times i’ve been happily driving along , only to look in the mirror and see some snarling selfish ingnorant moron about 2 foot behind me because he wants to go 60 mph through the village, so now I have the hump.
And everyday modern life can get people stressed out, like plastic packaging that you cant get into without scissors, trying to talk to a person on the phone but getting nowhere with an automated robot, selfish parking, the list is endless.
By and large most people make an effort , but there those that just dont care about anybody except themselves, and who in turn upset everyone else.
These ar not excuses , but things that have made angry before now, someone once told me that people living in more rural places are more relaxed about everything, maybe they’re right ?

Boz

1 Like

Tesco Colney Hatch this morning.
Enough said!

1 Like

What a frightening mess we’re in, I bet all those preppers that were regarded as oddballs years ago are sitting back and saying " told ya "

There’s a simple way to manage it. Let the idiots go. The chances are they they will meet up with another idiot and mutually eliminate each other. One just hopes the collateral damage is minimal.

The key point is not to get involved with an idiot, the subsequent hours or days of hassle and grief are just not worth a couple of seconds of righteous red mist.

By all means say a few rude words under your breath to vent, but don’t let the idiot see you doing so; he might lip-read and that would make things worse…

And resist the temptation to convey a greeting of any kind. No matter what you do it will always be misconstrued by the guilty as a form of criticism…

I used to commute around the M25 (205,000 miles in ten years), and I followed this philosophy, even though it was difficult at times. However my patience was rewarded on several occasions when later seeing the idiot pulled over by one of the regular plain-clothes traffic-cop cars. Result! At times like that this atheist was almost convinced there was a God.

2 Likes

Colney Hatch? Not Supermarket Sweep?

Tesco’s chairman has insisted that people do not need to panic buy as the supermarket will be able to keep stocks up. John Allan, was reacting after images on social media showed empty shelves across the UK supermarket sector. He said that the panic buying has not threatened their supply chain and they were confident they could overcome the short-term shortages. He said: ‘There’s plenty of product in the supply chain, there’s plenty of food at Tesco and other supermarkets, and I don’t think anybody needs to panic buy. We, and I’m sure our competitors, are re-filling our supply chains as rapidly as ever we can.’

SERIOUSLY?!!!?

No 3kg. bags of pasta (my standard monthly purchase), nor any other pasta, on the shelves at my Tesco store, so I bought it from Tesco on-line so my guess is that stuff is in the pipeline it’s just that the greedy, and the panic buyers grab all they can as soon as it appears in-store.

It makes you realize how quickly things can spiral out of control, within a few weeks we’ve gone from a few people in China with a virus, to a zombie apocalypse /seige mentality in supermarkets, and toilet rolls were one of the first things to fly off the shelves, apparently wiping ones jacksey is more important that food !
Jeez, I’m going for a long blast in the 5,
Boz

1 Like

That was fun, see you all tomorrow- GOD willing.
Good night.

Our local Tesco today:
No bog roll, hand soap, dishwash liquid, pasta, cornflakes, eggs, longlife milk, other stuff in short supply.

Is that how you left it…or how it was when you got there? :wink:

Like that when I arrived, it was like the locusts had been in

One of the main directors of Sainsburys has put out a message asking people to shop as normal as there is enough food in the warehouses to keep the shops running as normal, but its the moronic selfish pleb mentality of the few who wreck it for everybody else, when it hits the fan , its the me myself and I mentality, this is what its really like in an national emergency , and its not good, the old world war 2 , lets all work together attitude has largely gone , I find it depressing , maybe I’m just a pessimist, and i’ll be proved wrong , I hope so.

2 Likes

On the plus side we have plenty of cigarettes and booze … it’s time to start looking out for each other.”

Something to think about​:grimacing::crazy_face:

The way I see it, there’s plenty of perishable fresh fruit and veg and meat so I don’t intend to miss out and after a couple of weeks everyone will have all the bog roll, dried pasta and handwash they have cupboard space for and we can all get back to some kind of reason while we wait out the next 3 or 4 months.