Annoying rattle from dash

1. My model of MX-5 is: __21 R-Sport
  2. I’m based near: __Neath, South Wales
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __dashboard rattle

Hi all. I have an annoying rattle coming from somewhere around the area circled in the attached image. I can’t pinpoint it - it doesn’t rattle all of the time, and it’s doing my head in! Any suggestions would be most appreciated :+1:

Check the bolts behind the sun visor, the ones that secure the housing that receives the roof spigot.

Things might well be different with the ND but this was the culprit with my NC, so worth a look.

The plastic cover (with the speaker) on the ‘A pillar’ is a push fit, maybe try giving it a good push now to make sure all the clips are well seated and next time you have a rattle try putting your hand on it to see if this damps it.

This Bing Videos shows how easily the trim comes off and goes back on.
It may be worth removing the pillar trim to have a good look and then put a wedge of foam under the dash trim.
:heart:

1 Like

Checking the sun visor bolts is a good call. My rattle was solved by tightening them. (I had cause to remove them months early, clearly not tightened them enough when I put them back).
The irony was that I would never expected them to be the culprit because the “rattle” never sounded like it was coming from that area :thinking:

1 Like