Another Canvey Island Newbie

Hi All. My Son had a J reg Mk 1 20 odd years ago which I drove occasionally and thought it was a great little car. I promised myself that I would get one (eventually!) and, probably as a result of a mid-life crisis and lockdown boredom I bought a 2016 Soul Red ND 1.5 SportNav back in October. I haven’t stopped smiling since! I then decided the best way to catch up with like minded MX5 enthusiasts was to join the MX5OC. Glad I did. I’ve managed a few cheeky short solo outings to keep the oil circulating and can’t wait to meet up at the North Thames Area meets and the national rallies later this year, all being well. Cheers for now, Paul

Hi Paul, and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Glad to see you are loving your ND :slight_smile:
I find that just going to Aldi via a scenic route is great fun… the MX-5 factor :slight_smile:
Pics always welcome, especially on my ND thread! Below!
All the best. Rob

Welcome to the club!
Now off to look for Canvey Island on a map, as it seems to be the latest place to be…

Hi and welcome to the club from up in North Essex.
I lived on Canvey island in my teens and I worked on the speedway and bumper cars in the fair ground on the sea front ( is it still there ) haven’t been back since the 70s. May have a drive down when we are all let out and see what it’s like now. Happy motoring.

Hi and welcome. I’m over in Romford so not far away :+1:

Hello and welcome, had many hours of my misspent youth at Kings on Canvey , TOTS and Zero’s nightclub’s in Saarfend :+1:

Hi and welcome from an ex-Essex boy !

Hi Paul, I’m a newbie here as well and live in Benfleet, my test track is around Morrison’s roundabouts. Have a 2001 NB with the Rocketeer conversion which I’m upgrading slowly, being retired I can Hoon about at my leisure and go on trackdays to keep me out of trouble, going to Snetterton Monday.

Shame they all closed up over the last few years.

1 Like