Any autumn meet ups?

But that’s all in East Sussex, there’s 1 meet that I am aware of for the whole of West Sussex and that the Bull @ Mock bridge Shermanbury and its very cramped, the Chalet Café at Cowfold would be a better location certainly when the weather nice. And there needs to be more weekend activities, where not all retired yet.

That is one of the points i made. I think we should meet up some where to work out a plan. Just for a drink and chat as we will all have views as to what and when .The summer will be over soon so we need to get on with it. Then work out where we go for winter meets. I think it’s more fair if we don’t use the same place each time as some might be miles away. So who is go’ing to get the ball move’ing to meet up to talk. I’m game like i said i do think it need’s a few of us to meet first, You can P/M me most day’s are fine with me.

Why don’t we meet at Paradise park Newhaven just for a talk. Car park is large so not a problem there. Coffee and cake. no need to book Then there is the Beachy head pub large car park . Or the Squirrel inn Battle fair size car park. Can anyone think of a place near Bexhill/Hastings. One problem i see if you live say Rye or Brighton Then we need to meet some where in the middle as it’s over 50 miles each way between the two.That is a big ask from members It’s OK for say shows but not just for a meet up.

1 Like

I went to the hoo classic car show to’day.There where five MX5’s i could see in the car park . 2NBs 3NC’s plus mine. It’s just a shame no body wanted to meet up and get things move’ing . Look’s like this idea of meet up’s is dead in East Sussex. Now i can see why it all went over to the South Down Group. As Ian H said above . i do not know if any where members on here.

Quite happy to meet up, on a mutually convenient date, but we’ve got guests this weekend (daughter is emigrating on Tuesday).

1 Like

GregryC , Just P/M me any day or time will do to meet up.

Ok, I’m in bonny Scotland this week but how about Sunday morning? Say 9:00am at Paradise Park, Newhaven. There’s a cafe inside, but near the back - I’m pretty sure you can buy coffee to go…

Hi.We go there a lot for a coffee .Don’t think they do coffee to go… As it’s a sunday they wiil not be open till 10. .00 am… So we can sit outside at the back of the cafe and talk to see if we can work a plan out for meet up’s. If we could get GregryC ther as well that will be good. .Time wise it may be better to meet at 10.30. .

Sounds fair - I used to live opposite (many years ago) but never paid attention to the opening times :joy: 10:30am sounds better to me

I can’t do this Sunday, sorry.

No worries; there will always be times or days someone (myself especially included) can’t make it - we’ll report back here on the consensus of the day for the benefit of everyone :+1:

1 Like

If any body want’s to meet up with us they are more then welcome. Idea’s as to what members want and where to meet in East Sussex

Look’s like there will be no changes in the East sussex downs group. A lot of the coordinator’s post up what is go’ing on . Think i live in one of the worst parts of the country for meet up and run’s out. Over the past month i’ve been to a few car shows . There has been a few MX5’s on show spoke to the owners two where members on here. Told me they show there car’s off but with nothing to do with the club… So my plan is to do it alone like them, Got two invite’s for next year so far.

Agreed, the area just dead!!!, unless you want to be stuck in a pub talking about knitting.

1 Like

Yes if you look at there diary now till the end of the year . All the meets are in West Sussex or with a Redhill post code . The Magnificent motors show In Eastbourne this year had the Kent group there. Now don’t you think it should be the local group as it’s in East Sussex. :hot_face::Just shows they Don’t care about us on this side .

I,m in West Sussex, but I do not like the pub meets, just sitting in a pub does nothing for me even if its a mile from me, i like to drive but that’s not something that’s seems to be done.

1 Like

With the south downs on the door step you would think they could arrange a run . Or over to Rye via winchelsea beach and back along via Westfield and Battle… Then have a stop in a pub for a drink some where . We can live in hope but it will never happen. I will go it alone on run’s and shows but it’s a shame it’s like this down our way.

I’ve just got too much on at the moment and for the foreseeable to commit, but if you go for a run, put up on here and if I’m/we’re free we will come along.

1 Like

Hiya @59Five
I’m a new member from WS (you kindly welcomed me) and was just venturing to see if there were other active groups in the area. My assigned area was Solent but am I reading it right there aren’t many active groups covering Sussex? I like the idea of driving in convoy rather than sitting in a pub. Any pointers to active groups v welcomed.

Hi julieC. if i had a choice then i’d go with the Solent group . They seem to do quite a lot of meet’s and run’s. The reason is the east sussex side DoN’t even have a meet up. Like 59five say’s it’s dead over here.