Any discounts on tyres available?

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2008 NC 2.0
  2. I’m based near: Sussex
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Any member discounts on new tyres

Having given up on the idea of buying some 17 inch rims (for now - too much spent on brakes and coilovers already!) I am going looking to get ride of the “ditchfinders” that came with the car and put some quality rubber on before my Meisters get installed and set up next month.

Do we members get any discounts on tyres from anyone? I see Demon Tweeks are mentioned as giving discounts but I have no idea how much or how to claim?

Equally, if there are any members in the tyre game who can offer a deal I’d be pleased to know who they are.

Thanks

Ian

NickD is the man for tyres on here. Not sure if he has offers, he definitely provides a good service and his prices are decent.

Failing that try your local garage with prices gleaned from one of these online tyre sales places. I went that route and they were able to supply and fit my choice of tyres and almost match prices I gave them. Don’t forget they need to make money too and you’re keeping it local and providing work for them.:+1:

Kwik-fit are currently offering 15% off 4 Goodyears, or 4 Michelins. I can highly recommend Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy5’s!

I only charge a fitting cost over the price of the tyre. Discounts are generally for companies that charge more in the first place.
Do also bear in mind when buying on price, not to get upset if you rims don’t get treated as you would like or the balancing isn’t up to much.

You will only get Goodyear Efficient Performance or PS3’s in 16"

2 Likes

Thanks Nick, shame that you are so far away from where I live, you come highly recommended on here.

Thankfully I have some friendly and good mechanics nearby who do tyre fitting nearby, it’s just sourcing the tyres that I need to crack.

I check Asdatyres for pricing, as my local is happy to price match

Well, they are probably not happy, just if they don’t, they won’t get the business.