Any MK1 owners in UK have offset 26 wheels (when offset is 45)? šŸ¤”

data is from here:
wheels

(source: PCD Mazda MX-5 (1990 - 2005) 4x100 wheels | PCD, Offset, Center Bore, mounting and tire size data )

iā€™ve changed the question cos iā€™m pretty sure @John_M is going to be right.

i originally asked about spacers, thinking the wheels were going to be too far inside the arches. looks like i wonā€™t need spacers. instead, iā€™m interested if any uk owners have offset 26 wheels when the offset of the car is 45.

also, if the description of the wheel says ā€œThis wheel can accommodate any centerbore up to 73.1ā€ and mine is 54.1, does that mean i have to buy spigots to build it up to 73.1?

thanks

Somebody will correct me if I have this round my neck, but the 45 offset is towards the car I believe. In other words the wheel centreline is 45mm inside the mounting face. Your 26 offset wheel will already ā€˜stick outā€™ 19mm more than the OE wheel. So no spacer.

Iā€™d guess 19mm is within reasonable limits but thatā€™s not something I would pontificate on.

Yes youā€™ll need spigot rings.

1 Like

:astonished:

i bet you are right. thank you

1 Like

You also need to consider the width of the new wheel, versus your current one.

As an example, a 7J wheel will be an inch wider than a 6J.

1 Like

excellent point, i should have put that in. :blush:
i have 16" x 6.5 at the moment, it would mean going to 15" x 7.5

8" wide with a 20 offset used to be a common thing. You probably need to ask on the Nutz Facebook page.

3 Likes

thank you, thats good to hear. :face_holding_back_tears:
iā€™m not on the facebooks tho.

Posters often get pointed to Will They Fit on the Z4 Forum when questions about offset and fitment come up: https://www.willtheyfit.com/

It should help you compare different wheel options.

1 Like

https://www.willtheyfit.com/ is really good.

iā€™m just wondering tho, if iā€™m going from 16ā€™ā€™ wheel to 15ā€™ā€™ wheel, it says Arch Gap Loss will be -7.45mm. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
so i take it that means the same as an arch gap gain of 7.45mm

(and can anyone suggest which spigots i buy to go from 54.1 - 73.1 cos thereā€™s loads of them)
:blush:

mx5nutz.com. But its a shadow of its former self.

1 Like

I believe my rpf1s are around that spec, maybe et25, I canā€™t remember

But thatā€™s about as wide as you can go before youā€™ll need to make adjustments

1 Like

In my personal experience Iā€™ve never used spigots , some people say theyā€™re just for mounting it on the hub but Iā€™m sure someone else will argue a reason for them

But Iā€™ve seen no downsides to not having them

1 Like

I would definitely want spigot rings. 12 years ago I bought an NB with aftermarket wheels that had a constant shake that never really went away above low speed. When I swapped the wheels I discovered a spigot ring was missing. Canā€™t prove thatā€™s what caused it but on the replacement wheels with 4 rings it never came back.

Make is immaterial provided they re the right size.

1 Like
1 Like