Any tips or advice for first time track day?

It’s the 7th I have booked at Bedford, it’s via TrackDays.co.uk/Javelin but it’s a MSVT day as far as I can tell. If you’ve done those other events and a Palmersport day I don’t imagine you will have any problem at all with a Bedford track day based on what I experienced.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll get that one booked. At least you won’t be the slowest car on the track!

I just dug out my old motorbike helmet (HJC LT12) that’s been in storage for ages and am pleased to say it looks absolutely fine, if a bit musty smelling.

I’ve cleaned it up and sprayed it with Febreze, but does anyone have any views on how long a helmet is functional for? I say functional because I haven’t worn it in years, but it has been in it’s bag and stored in a dry place all that time. HJC say 5 years, but I assume that’s for daily use? I’m happy to avoid spending £150 on a new one if possible, but realise that I only have one noggin…

That would be novel, my in-car video from Monday was pretty much just me being passed by everything else :smile:

Hopefully you’ll get some nice footage of my car as we edge slowly past each other… :rofl:

Actually, with your BBR upgrades I won’t have a chance!

If you were riding a 1000cc bike I would say you should have a newer helmet, but for this case I think you’re fine, unless there is a visible crack.