Anybody own a CX-3?

Anybody got a Mazda CX-3 in their household? I’m thinking one of these might be my next car when I eventually change my MX. If you have one along side your MX what’s your opinions of it? I’m interested in the petrol manual versions and has anybody got the AWD? I’ve read that Mazda’s AWD is very good. I know there a lot of CX-5’s about but those would be too big for me and the wife. All opinions and comments most welcome. Paul.

My other half has a 66 plate AWD 2.0 Sky-G manual Sport Nav. She loves it and so do I.

My wife has one. Great car, nice size. We didn’t get the AWD as we didnt need it.

We didn’t go for the AWD on purpose, I think even the salesman was surprised when we pointed it out, it wasn’t mentioned in the advert. Tanya loves the surefootedness of it now that she has it though.

I thought about it but the CX-5 was better value for money. The CX-5 looks huge but its footprint on the road is supposed to be the same as a Mazda 3. It fits in normal parking spaces, which a 6 does not.

Thanks to all for the replies so far, much appreciated. If anybody else can add to the discussion please feel free. Paul.

My wife runs a CX3 2litre 2wd petrol auto, 16 reg with 20k. Owned from new and she wouldn’t part with it. Seems totally reliable, with an excellent turn of speed if required and a well appointed interior. When I drive it I find the steering is too light for my liking. Knowing Mazdas lack of underbody protection we had it rustproofed professionally not long after getting it. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Again thanks for all the replies. Hardly a bad word for the CX-3 I see. Going to have at least one more summer out of our MX-5 (possibly 2) before we think about changing it. As the wife and myself only have or need one car between us the next one will have to be a bit more of an all rounder. Happy open top motoring, Paul.

Definitely a CX-3 and not a CX-30?

Yes a CX-3 is plenty big enough for just the wife and myself. In fact she says even that might be a bit big and perhaps a Fiesta or similar would suit us just fine in the future, but I’m not keen on them 1 litre turbo engines for a start. Paul.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.