Anyone else had issues with the Mk4 ND touch screen?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Mk4 2.0 Nav Sport
  2. I’m based near: __cardiff
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __screen refurbishment

Not had it myself (mine is garaged and generally kept out of severe temperature changes), but its a known issue, Mazda did issue a TSB for it but i’m assuming you are likely out of warranty so its not going to be of any use.

Yes it’s out of warranty , looks like a 2nd hand one might be the solution

The trouble is finding one, we don’t have a plentiful supply like the US. I’d be looking for an ND2 one if I could as they have a better quality screen.

Just a thought (and maybe a long shot) but if your car has a full Mazda history and you have a decent relationship with your dealer it may be worth trying for some goodwill if it is a known fault with an old tsb. You never know they may cover the part and you the labour for example. I haven’t experienced Mazda for it but have done with other manuafactuers upwards of 1-2 years out of warranty.

In my experience (multiple dealerships), Mazda are terrible and are by far the worst I’ve experienced for getting things fixed even under warranty.

1 Like

That’s shame (and doesn’t fill me with confidence!). I am/was planning on keeping up the servicing with them to get some back up if needed (touch wood I don’t!).

Thanks, helpful that they were, unfortunately they weren’t prepared to contribute anything, even though the car has only covered 10,700 miles. It’s more than 3 years old.

Where did you buy it from and how old is it?

1 Like

I bought it from a non franchised car dealer, its 6 years old now.

Ah OK, no goodwill available then.

It may be worth trying to swap the touch screen, quite a good how to at

https://www.tylerwatt12.com/repair-guide-nd-mazda-mx-5-touchscreen-cracks-de-lamination/

Approx £18 for the screen if you use the link in the Article, nothing ventured etc.

5 Likes

Wow! Brilliant! Genius! Thanks

Depending on the radio software, and if you can find the update if required! Maybe think about CarPlay / android audio, your going in the dash any way and so are half way to installing CarPlay,
Around £70 on Ali express.
Two birds with a stone and all that :flushed::flushed::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Brilliant!!! Thanks so much for your help!!!

1 Like

Thanks again!