Anyone got a good hat recommendation?

I lost my favourite baseball hat, which was great at delivering great vision and sun deflection, so am in the market for something new.

Anyone got a lead on a great roof and widows down 50mph+ hat?

Cheers,

Mike

Try any of the Tilley hats !

2 Likes

ah yes, strap the hat to my head, this is definitely on the short list!

3 Likes

And Tilley are in Sale mode right now.

Musto sailing baseball-style hats have a leash you can clip onto your flying jacket…
I find them perfect

3 Likes

Tilley all day long for many reasons.
Like everything, you get what you pay for.
As above just bought another one.:+1:

3 Likes

they look good, thanks. another addition to the less shorter now list.

2 Likes

My car hat is a North Face baseball cap, quite thin cotton, with an elasticated rim. The elastic is the important bit to stop it blowing off.

1 Like

hellooooooo-0078c4a925~2

3 Likes

I have a cap that matches my roof and interior :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I found this hat doesn’t blow off with the roof and windows down at any speed :grinning:

2 Likes

another vote for a Tilley hat. Get the right size and it will stay on when driving at speed with no issues, plus its got a couple of cords to front and back you can use so if it blows off forward or back it will get caught. Far better than a baseball cap as it protects neck and ears.

2 Likes

I like wearing a top hat, not great in a convertible though!

2 Likes

why would you wear it with the roof up ? Don’t see the problem…

1 Like

that’s suave!

2 Likes

my hair is like a curtain, so down or up needs not in my face, especially down!!!

■■■ that’s hilarious!

2 Likes

My MX5 Club baseball cap stays on. Ref an earlier suggestion, my wife also uses a sailing baseball style cap (not Musto,other makes are available) as they come with a short lanyard and clip which affixes to the collar.

3 Likes

ooo merch! yes the clip has immediately grabbed my brain, and I suspect will make multiple appearances in different forms!

2 Likes