Anyone into Simracing?

I’m really enjoying Asseto corsa competizione (ps5)

Started in lockdown got into sim racing, met with a couple of other guys most of which also own mx5’s (there was a article in the mag during lockdown about it)

Still playing with them twice a week but on Fridays I started completing on league races.

I really enjoying competing and the vehicle handling in this sim is ace!

3 Likes

Not at the moment, but when I renewed my insurance the guy handling one of my calls was very enthusiastic about iRacing. Have you played that as well?

I might look at sim racing over winter. Any recommendations for a decent, PC-compatible wheel and pedals set?

I’m on ps5 so less options available. Iracing is only pc and although pc has much more to offer gaming pc specs and prices change by the week.

As for rig track racer tr8 is ace, for wheels if you look at fanatec stuff you can build your own wheel how you like it. VR is a must, honestly its a game changer.

Estimate prices, hope you are sitting
2-3k pc
Rig 800 ish
Wheel 1-2.5k (depends what you want really)
Vr 400-700

Iracing is subscription only…(and that adds up) but there are other sims like acc, automobilista 2, asseto corsa with all mods is good too.

Thanks - I’ll look at some of this later in the year. I’m comfortable navigating PC specs as I’ve been building them for about 20 years and buying and spec’ing them off the shelf for even longer.

Blimey! Really that expensive?
I’m so out of touch since my kids left home!

I reckon I’ll invest that amount in track days instead :rofl::+1:

1 Like

its expensive yea but cheaper on the long run.
A trip to nurburging in august and trackday at spa in November cost me near 1,5k (if not more :sweat_smile: )

on the sim its much cheaper comparatively (especially when you crash) and doesn’t hurt that much :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.