Anyone own a CHR?

Quite attracted to one of these to replace the ‘other’ car, interested in existing owner opinion.

1 Like

No but I work at a Toyota retailer,they are superb Ian

Thanks Stephen, going to drive one tomorrow, ping you for mates rates after? :joy:

Lol yeh,no probs with them,only auxbattery going flat with people not using them enough,if I needed another car that’s what I’d have and there’s aGR version now lol

1 Like

Believe they have them on 0% at the moment also.
I think they are a bit claustrophobic in the back, windows are very small.
Also check out the Mazda CX-30, very competent, also 0% and better interior.
Make sure you run a Carwow quote to get a decent discount.

1 Like

Hi Ian
Excellent, motor, I have had my CHR, for over a year now. Don’t know if i’m getting old, but has the reverse camera, sat nav, the mirrors advise you when another car is overtaking, with a small light displayed. Toyota also have a excellent, after car service.

1 Like

Typical small SUV, pretty pricey for what it is.

You can get an equivalent normal hatch for less, even the Corolla is a lot less.

Seems to be a car where design takes over to the detriment of space, like the Nissan Juke.

Incidentally a Juke is a lot cheaper if you must have something like this.

Also consider Skoda Kamiq, Seat Arosa, Ford Puma

1 Like

This is true, you can get a reasonably specced Mercedes/Audi/Lexus for similar money.

I wouldn’t buy any other Mazda than the MX-5 considering how well they aren’t finished from a corrosion perspective and how thin the paint is.

I do like Toyota’s (having had a Rav 4 previously) and appreciate their build and the network. Currently running an Mitsubishi ASX AWD, no urgency to change it and it’s a good car, no longer have the same need for AWD though so basic exploration of the options.

I think unless you particularly want or need a hybrid it’s pricey.
The new Juke is similar size, but a lot cheaper, as not a hybrid.
I think you’re being a bit rough on Mazda. I’ve had my CX-5 for 2 years now and it’s been faultless. Yes I don’t do high miles so I don’t have any chips, but the underside isn’t rusty. I don’t think they are any worse that most mainstream manufacturers. If like most you keep a car for less than 5 years, the condition won’t be any worse than others.

Our other car is Merc A180. That has also been faultless, and yes was £22k so a fair bit less than a CHR. The only criticism I have with the A class is it’s very low to the ground, so easy to catch on kerbs. It’s definitely designed for perfect German roads.

But as always, get out and drive them, only then can you see if it’s suitable.

Style over substance?
This vid might be useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvgi-_nwi2I

Pretty standard on modern cars these days, so they can justify the high price they charge.

Hadn’t considered this at all, seems to be quite well featured and regarded too.

Puma is some kind of mild hybrid also I believe.

Big discounts on Ford’s usually.

Isn’t it made in Romania?

Another option to consider is the Kia Stonic

Discover the new Stonic small SUV | Kia Motors UK

Small SUV, mild hybrid, superb build quality and extremely well equipped.
I’m now on my second one and can’t fault them

The CHR always struck me as looking a bit “Judge Dredd”, but then a lot of cars seem to be going that way these days.

Don’t mind me, I’m just an old goat stuck in my ways, which probably explains why I have never taken to the looks of the ND !

2 Likes

Test drove one yesterday and liked it, decided to go from a 3 car to a 2 car household for a variety of reasons (the second one still the MX-5).

Purchased an ex demonstrator (693 miles on the clock) CHR Orange Edition (the one in the first photo) from a different garage for a very good deal.

2 Likes

Great choice I’m sure you will like it,hybrid I guess ?

1 Like

Hopefully they are giving you the 3 years 0% with £1000 deposit, and some more discount for it being a demo?
It’s usually better to buy a new one discounted with the finance, get the deposit contribution and then settle the finance bid you don’t need it.

2 Likes

The deals on Carwow are coming back with £3k discount so approx 10%, and £1k deposit contribution on 0% finance.
Or £3k discount cash purchase.

Carwow is good, it’s interesting to see which dealer groups don’t use it too.