Anyone recommend a body shop?

Hi all.  

Can anyone recommend a bodyshop.  The tin worm has decided to make itself at home in my rear arches.

Somewhere in and around the Louth to skegness area would be nice.

Thanks all.

reply from one of our Lincolnshire regulars:-

An excellent place is 'R.C.E. Duckering' based at Toft Newton (near West Rasen) Tel:  01673 866659 or 07889 580890.  

Although I have not used his services - we exchanged our Mk2 (needed a paint job) for a Mk2.5 instead - I was shown round his workshop and was mightily impressed with the standard of his work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve.

I can recommend Terry Hydes on Wragby Road, Lincoln. Tel 01522 569847.  He fabricated and fitted new rear sills for my Mk2. An excellent job and it was much cheaper than buying new parts.

Looks like I’m going to need a bodyshop now too in or around Scunthorpe.  Just had my mk2 at Nunns, Grimsby for MOT and it failed on bodywork.  It failed as the area is within 30cms of the seatbelt anchoring bolts Sad

South Park industrial estate we have used them and been very happy.

http://www.morrisyoungmotors.com/

Thanks for that…just around the corner from my house so will pop in and see them this week.

Had both rear arches done at Premier Paintworx at louth lincolnshire.  Many thanks to Matt for doing an excellent job.  Also did a lovely job on the annoying little bubbles on the underside of the boot lid beside the number plate light.  Thumbs up    Very pleased Big Smile

I know it’s not Lincoln, but MX5 City is not that far away and the do good work

You will find that compared with other similar places that they tend to be much more expensive  

MX5 City is very expensive. Also, their best guy Steve Garbutt left them a couple of years ago and set up on his own, he trades as MX5 Motors at Adwick near Doncaster. He does a good job and is very reasonable on price.