Anyone recommend a good colour match to my 2019 2.0 RF wheels?

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2019 2.0 RF
  2. I’m based near: Somerset
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Matching touch-up paint for wheels

I’ve managed to mark one of the wheels, my excuse is it was late, dark and I was not paying enough attention! Mazda don’t do touch paint for the wheels so before I go and try a random selection of touch up paints from Halfords I thought I’d ask if anyone had done that already! Attached a picture of the colour, they are 8 spoke R17s and I would describe them as grey with a hint of blue. Thanks in advance, Peter

Hi Peter… My only suggestion is going to a local car body-repair shop… They might be able to take a pic of your wheel and scan it in to a colour-match system - And then mix you up a small tin of paint… Using a fine artist paintbrush and you should be able to touch it in… You might want a small amount of clear lacquer too…
Rob

1 Like

some quick searching found this
(yes I know its a usa site, but its a start)

1 Like

I saw that also from the USA. Don’t think it’s available in the UK.
I got a gunmetal touch up, and at 4ft it’s passable.
If you have really scratched the edge, you can rub It down with wet and dry paper, maybe even a little filler, then primer, then top coat.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, the scratch is more of a graze and is not deep so I will try some “gunmetal grey” from eBay and see how good a match it is! Peter

model shops should be a good source for small tins in many colours,
you might also want a clear lacquer on top

2 Likes

If these are the same as on the Mazda CX3, then the following is a very good match

METEOR GREY MICA 42A

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, in the end I tried this (GUNMETAL ALLOY WHEEL PAINT TOUCH UP PEN/BRUSH FOR SCRATCH CURB DAMAGE | eBay) and it is a pretty good match, given what is cost:-) Maybe that helps someone in the future! Peter