Anyone switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass?

Anyone switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass and if so what’s the verdict. I’ve seen reviews that the TVs are good on sound but not so good on picture quality. We have an aging (14 years old) Samsung 50" Plasma and are looking for alternatives as it looks like it consuming a lot of energy now.

Yes had it for a while now took a bit of getting used to but they’re continuing to hone and refine it. I still kept the dish as it’s not in my way along with wiring. Looks great on my wall too.

Thanks, what size TV did you get and what do you think of the picture quality, also did you lose any channels?

I’m trying to get away from Sky ATM, contracted until August.
Can’t comment on that TV offer, I keep getting it offered but definitely resisting.
My take on it, everything is in one device, lose the ability of something and its most likely goodbye to the whole lot, then no TV.
I guessing it’s replaceable if anything goes wrong. Also remember you have the Sky Glass TV for whatever the price then you need to add in your TV package, BB and phone on top.

As I say I looking to move away, prices are too high. I’m going to haggle at some point but I’m about fed up with all that stuff, broadband and a streaming service can be had much much cheaper.

It’s an individual’s choice of course :+1:

1 Like

we’re contracted 'till Feb 23, but this option renews the contract with no charges and is a cheaper option even including the TV which is why we are considering it.

1 Like

Can’t get on to see my offers ATM, their app is very poor, keeps crashing.
Last time investigated this TV it was something like £42 then add TV package, BB etc to it
As I say it may have changed since then, probably 6 weeks ago I checked, it didn’t look very inviting then.

It came back as £12 / month cheaper than what we are currently paying for an equivalent setup including the TV but I am seeing info that the picture quality is not good and also you can’t record programmes which is a bit of a downgrade! Hoping that @nelsontvh can give me some first hand info on that.

55” picture quality is good UHD, you do need a decent broadband package/ speed as all content is downloaded on demand I also have subs for Netflix Apple & Prime all work well with Glass as well as online gaming on PS5

Just done a buy it special offer to me through the app, not actually proceeded with it of course.
I pay £65 currently, with Sky glass it would go to £79 but I’m not sure about any remaining contract they would take off, I have Sky Q. Doesn’t mention BB either, no idea if it’s included, I didn’t get far enough into the procedure of buying.

Thanks for the feedback, Is it correct that you cannot record anything?

You don’t record because you can download everything as required. I looked at it very hard, but the deal breaker was there is NO Bluetooth sound option (the Bluetooth is ONLY for the remote).

If someone else doesn’t want to hear the TV and you need to use headphones, you can’t.

1 Like

Thanks @DonDon so download suggests its after the programme has aired? I.e. similar to catchup? Did you find out any limitations on that; space / time? Seems difficult to get solid info on the product and reviews are varied.

I’ve just read a pretty in-depth review in the Express Sky Glass review (June 2022): The future of TV ...just not yet | Express.co.uk

They didn’t test the pucks ( equivalent of mini boxes ) but I am thinking that the Sky Glass TV could be your secondary TV if you are really worried about picture quality and use a puck on your OLED system.

We have a local SKY stand so I am going to pop down and see if they have one set up so I can see it for myself.

I’m afraid I don’t know any more than that. The lack of Bluetooth audio was a complete deal breaker for me. I ended up buying a different TV and sound bar.

We went to Sky Glass beginning of the year, cancelled after 2 months due to not being able to record or watch catch up until quite sometime later.(even though SKY salesman said we could e.g F1 wasn’t aired until Monday’s and then it was only highlights. Also was having to frequently reset system.

They cancelled contract with no questions and refunded partial months payments. They actually told us we had been miss sold.
Went to Sky Q last month, installer said lots of Glass were going back due to issues.
Having said that if you don’t need to record and happy with streaming/catchup picture and sound was very good

A Visiting Tradesman who had got this said

“It’s New …Verdict Awaits…Pros & Cons” when I quizzed him

verdict seems quite damning at the moment

Yep…Empathy

Unhappy With Their ‘In Contract Changes’

Call Me Ignorant …But a Contact is a Contract

Sky Just Seem to Change Stuff Regardless

So Contract Not Worth the ‘Paper It’s Written On’

Get You 100%

SO CLOSE TO DUMPING SKY CINEMA

[Loss of Daily Premier]

Then Promise of Free Paramount+

IT’S TAKEN ME 8 DAYS TO GET THIS ON MY T.V.

Much as I Like the Idea of No Wires/Dish

I’m Sticking with the Sky Q…Good Enough For Me at the Moment

I Remember Black & White & 2 Channels

1 Like