Anyone switched from Sky Q to Sky Glass?

Top man, that is exactly how I remember the schedule. I am a 1950 model and I think we hit the sweet spot for having a good life, long may it continue.
:heart:

1 Like

Yes indeed - can’t think of a better time to have grown up! And the 60s were a pretty good time for a teenager too. After that not so much…

Tried to Reply Earlier but Had Met My Quota for Consecutive Posts…And Now Can’t Remember What I Was Going to Say :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Subsequent Posters Ahead of Me Though :+1:

I remember going shopping every Saturday in Town Centre as a child with a stop off to pay for our first Colour TV on the ‘Never Never’ …I recall Dad explaining why we couldn’t have other things because the cost of HP took quite a chunk of his salary

It was ‘Make Do & Mend’
‘If You Can’t Afford It - You Do Without’

Hmmm…How Times Have Changed :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

None of those companies, Wigfalls in Derby. I recall the boss there looking like Captain Mainwaring less army uniform.:grin:

Crumbs…Now You’ve Reminded Me…I Remember Radio Rentals…Used Them When I Got My First ‘Proper Job’ [WPC] 1978

Cost of Sky & Packages :upside_down_face:

I Think Most of Us are Still Young Enough to Be Paying for a TV Licence As Well :thinking:

" I’m going to haggle at some point but I’m about fed up with all that stuff"

Ditto…Whether Sky or Indeed Any Other Contract !

Don’t Enjoy It at All …Wearisome …But This Is What We Have To Do These Days

Got Better Things to Do !

£111 down to £55 do you think they’ll accept my offer? They’ve already gave me an online discount which brings it down to £93 so far.
I can get a deal with BT sport and telly channels for £47 which is sufficient for me.

1 Like

Netflix + Prime + Disney+ = £28 a month, way below anything Sky could offer.

We gave up Sky about 3 years ago on the basis of having a super fast fibre connection (500 Mb) so on demand is as good as recording (except for adverts on some things).

Friends won a Sky Glass recently with a years sub to just about everything, think after the year is up not all options will be subscribed to.

Or £9.99 a month for Now TV which is basic Sky without the whistles and bells and pay as you go for sports and films.

That’s the option we’re most likely ending up with, or rather the OH will pay.
Just got to finalise a broadband supplier, Sky quote £35.50 but forget to add the £2.50 they’ve already decided to up the price by from September.
Meanwhile BB can be had at my address from £22 good enough for streaming TV.

I pay Now TV an additional £17.99 for BB which is adequate for HDR TV streaming (no teens in the household eating the data though :slight_smile: )

I wish they could supply my BB, no can do they say. Left to BT, EE or Vodafone as it’s FTTP the reason they say.

No prices mentioned in your post?

I’ve just had a call from Sky, out of the blue trying to sell me the glass TV. Wasn’t really interested in talking about my contract (Sky Q) renewal and prices only if I took this glass offer. I think I tied him in knots as he wasn’t prepared for the many questions I put his way.
It turns out to keep my package but integrated into this glass TV inclusive of buying it over 24 months, £109. Then we got to a figure of £85. When I mentioned no more than £65 or I quit Sky he wanted out of the conversation.
He also didn’t like the fact I quizzed his method of salesmanship, asking me for my password to unlock my account details indeed.:open_mouth: I did gather from the conversation though he was a genuine Sky rep.

Hmm, whilst I put up a dish for Freesat several years ago, this address has never had Sky or cable.

So I had some fun this morning gently winding up someone claiming to be from Sky who seemed to know my name and address (phone book?) and tried to sell me Glass. When he asked for the existing Sky-box number etc “to confirm what I had” I knew he was a fake for sure. Sky would have had those details.

It can be very effective playing the elderly confused game, a bit like fishing really, and it’s all too easy to be genuinely confused by new jargon these days so I’m getting lots of good practice at it. If it was not for this thread (thanks!) I would not have had a clue what he was talking about.

I never mentioned my forenames when he asked for them, and instead just asked more questions about this wonderful new Glass, saying my house has lots of glass in the windows, will I need to replace each window for a better view of the sky?

He gave up. And now BT 1572 has blocked that number for me.

Was yours calling from an 0800 number?

Mine actually checks out as a number Sky use. I’m 99% sure it’s genuine, always a nagging doubt though.
Caller got a bit miffed (his tone changed) when I asked him to prove what contract I was on, length, price and actual detail of it.
They should have all that at their fingertips pre call. The thing that spooked me was asking for my Sky password, he shouldn’t have needed it with all that detail before him surely.
Anyways unless they pull some remarkable deal out of the hat (not a glass deal) I’m off to another broadband supplier and take a streaming service somewhere.

Not quite, 08081965550.

I also logged it with https://who-called.co.uk/ where I found it’s a well known nuisance number.

But quite often a genuine number is spoofed. Last year I had one from what turned out to be the correct Santander number, except we’ve never banked with them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.