Anyone T-cut a Fridge?

Large silver/grey coloured plastic fridge, some uneven light fading and a few scratches here and there, want to give it a spruce up so thinking t-cut or other abrasive cleaner might be a way to go.

Thoughts?

I have T Cut a boiler that had yellowed. Take care though paint on White Goods which are indoor items is usually quite thin. It might even be pre-painted sheet.

1 Like

You could try Cif which may be a bit gentler.

My mother used her smoker’s toothpaste to remove Ribena stains from assorted white goods, door frames, doors, walls, etc after my small daughter visited. The small one used to wander around with non-drip beaker in one hand and leave purple fingerprints with the other.

Our mistake was in not wiping them off immediately! But who follows a highly active two-year old around all day with a damp cloth?

Next visit, by some mysterious happenstance there was no Ribena to be found anywhere in the village, apparently.

Having spent 40years in the white goods industry my thoughts are-

If it is a lower cost brand then the grey finish is likely just printed colour or sometimes a vinyl wrap onto of a white base. Any abrasive will very quickly go through to the white underneath.

More expensive brands such as Bosch, Neff etc are often but not always painted.

If you do this be very gentle and test in a less conspicuous area first.

Clive

Ended up using Megiuars Polish (2) and Harley Wax which has helped some, doesn’t help with the faded areas so will just live with that.

It’s a Samsung.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.