Area Websites

Can someone please confirm whether the best route to check on the various area websites is by using the Areas tab on the main website? The reason I ask is that when I do that for my nearest areas, the Past Events section only shows a Sample from 1991. Surely something must have been added since the new look website went live? If there’s a better way to see up to date information, please let me know.

Which Area are you in? Some have opted out and started their own websites, which may be the reason your search reveals old information. North West springs to mind - an area with problems it seems, though up to date info is sadly missing.

My area is South West but I also checked on Western which is adjacent to the South West area.

Hi 

Here is the link for the South West Area website

http://www.mx5ocsw.co.uk/

Check STHT for details of your area.
Most will have their upto date details there.

Western is here - https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/areas/western/

Found on a google search. - No listing in Areas and address in STHT is www.mx5oc.co.uk - (main website), as are others. Strangely the above address IS listed on the homepage, check the ‘MyLocal Area Page’. A check on Areas in STHT finds other areas also now operating their own separate websites.
Motives are unclear, though one that occurs to me is that Area members don’t like the intrusion on their space from other (remote) members. Are we seeing Areas hiding their activities from the Club as a whole? As one who sees the Club - As a Club - I find this worrying - what comes next?

I find this rather naive, header on Western’s site. - Sample Past Event For Area Coordinators.-

Hello. This is an example if a past event. It’s dated 6th August 1991 – the day the internet went live. You can add photos to the post and text and if you’re feeling adventurous then you can add a gallery of photos like these photos from our most recent run. and for a finishing …

Considering the OC didn’t start till 1994 - see what I mean? Early website was a one pager, usually a year behind. 2002/2003 a slim forum appeared. That wasn’t owned by the Club, but the then Club Secretary. We nearly lost it! Before then members communicated via a Yahoo group, a running thread with many subjects. No official Club content. IIRC, the first detailed website and Forum appeared towards the end of 2004 but my memory is fading. (A year after Weston Park - anyone remember that? It was discussed after that event.)

Deleted - wrong thread.

If that is the official South West website, the link from the national site need to be changed as it takes you to www.mx5oc.co.uk/areas/south-west. I do agree though that the information on that site is more up to date.

Paul

Thanks for your reply. The Sample Past Event thing is exactly what you find on the South West site too, if you follow the link from the national site. I do find it all a bit “disjointed” and if I’m honest a bit confusing and unwelcoming to a relatively new member like myself who’s trying to make the most of being part of the MX5 family.

Paul - a Valid comment, it needs sorting.

The AC liaison will be trying to sort it at the next AC’s meeting in October.

Thanks Mal.

Paul