B12 NC1 kit on 2011 NC2?

I recently made a post about what options I had with regard to changing all 4 shocks and springs. With coilovers ruled out due to insurance issues, the B12 kit has been looking enticing.

It seems this one is for the nc1, would this fit my nc2? From what I have seen online im under the impression that this kit would sit slightly higher on mine compared to one for the nc2. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The description states NC (03/2005-) which would indicate all NCs to end of production. The height difference between NC1 and 2 is down to other factors with the suspension setup so these should fit. I have a set of the ones taken from a 2012 sports black in the garage if your anywhere near berkshire your welcome to try them to see if they fit

Ah i see thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately im up in north yorkshire so it would be a bit of a treck but thanks anyway. I have seen a set on ebay for 700 with free returns so I will try them. Just wondering, did you fit them to your sport black? If so what was the ride like? Mines a sport black too.

No I replaced the ones on the sport black with meisters. Then sold the car a few months later. Now in an ND

1 Like

Is it 700 for basically stock replacements?

Will be slightly stiffer I believe as they come with Eibach lowering springs but they will be pretty similar. Did some reading about 2nd hand shocks and I would rather just spend the extra and buy brand-new shocks + springs, then it’s done for probably the duration of my ownership.

It’s just a case of finding which ones to replace them with.

The Bilstein B6 dampers are not silly money at Autodoc

ÂŁ140 each for fronts
ÂŁ144 each for rears

As its an upgrade over standard with the lowered springs, I fail to see the distinction (insurance cost wise) between this or another aftermarket suspension setup other than it being made by the same company as the oe stuff. It seems many people fit the b12s to cars they take on the track, as do many people fit coilovers and take the car on the track. Can’t see how between one or the other you will increase the likelihood of an accident.

It’s hard to understand how insurers decide what’s worthy of a massive hike in price…

Yeah that’s true. When I rang them I tried explaining that it is cheaper to replace a set of MeisterR Sportivecoilovers in a claim instead of OEM ones but they were having none of it. The only reason I looked at these is that visually they look similar to the stock ones.

Still a bit stumped on how to proceed. My only worry with the b12 kit is that it lowers it too much and just ruins the ride.

@CBRDEANO Would you mind linking me the rears? I can see the fronts at 140 but it says 174 for the rears.

Would be easier to understand if they’re expected to pay out the cost of the additional mods upon accident and they were very expensive additions but as you say something like meister sportive would be cheaper to replace than oe. That plus they only offer market value unless you have an agreed valuation policy.

They’re so quick to write cars off now anyway that the cost of parts to repair seems moot, once it needs more than a few quid they seem to total it which is probably why we are all paying so much.

Exactly that. I get that it comes with a higher risk profile but everybody benefits from the cost. It would be good if you could get through to one of the underwriters and talk it through with them but you just get sent to customer service which always ends up in “computer says no”. Rant over, is what it is unfortunately. Thanks for your input Dean these couple of days :+1: