Back after a few years away

Hello from North Derbyshire,
I picked up my new 2015 MX5 3.75 sport venture in Black from Sheffield today. I had a mk2.5 in Black about 8 - 10 years ago and have good memories of being in the Peaks and Pennines club. I sold my first Mx5 to buy a Vauxhall Monaro 5.7 V8 and then had 2 Toyota GT86s all great cars but neither have clubs that are anywhere as good as MX5oc. Not the best time to join with this covid thing still disrupting life but I’m looking forward to some meets ups and especially the record attempt at Elvington assuming it goes ahead. Look forward to meeting some of you
James

8 Likes

Smart looking car, sure to provide a lot of fun.

1 Like

Hi James and welcome. Lovely car. I not only joined the MX5OC during the pandemic, but it’s when I got my ND2 last July. Hopefully there will be some normality soon, and some meets for us to go to - I only moved up here to North Nottinghamshire 2 years ago from Milton Keynes - So need to find nice places to visit.

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome back.
Beautiful car.

1 Like

Welcome back, like you fingers crossed for Elvington…

1 Like

Hello.

First venture that I’ve seen like mine!

Anthony

2 Likes

Sound choice

1 Like

Hi James and welcome to the club, I too have a 2015 MK3.75 Sport venture. I thought that the only colours for the Sport Venture was Titanium Flush a metallic brown and the Deep Crystal Blue that I have. Agree with 999to5 that it is a good choice. Had mine for a couple of years, very minor mods with a Zunsport front grill, extra boot sound insulation and underside wax rust treatment whilst it was still pretty clean underneath. The rest is minor cleaning and fettling Today replaced the halogen fog light bulbs with LED the one’s recommended actually by 999to5, a great improvement and can now be used as DRL’s if needed. Hope you enjoy the car.
Steve.

2 Likes

I have a pal with a pearl white Venture Sport

1 Like

Love the black wheels.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I’d forgotten how good these things are even in these cold and dark winter days. Bring on the summer.

Thank you. I’ve only had my car 3 weeks and yes nice touch the 17inch Bola’s! All about the mk3’s. Had a mk1 1991 and a 2005 mk3, test drive the mk4, no thanks for me. Think I’ve now got my forever mk3.