Balloon ride tickets for the Spring Rally

Hi Chris, the Balloon flights are determined by the conditions, the pilot and the team operating the balloon, there are so many factors at play in this it is not a process that will run on an exact timetable - there will be roughly 4 flights per hour for about 60 people over the whole day. To make that manageable the day is split up so that people are phased in across the hours and you are not waiting too long if at all.

This has been based on what the operators have managed at past events and we’d like to offer the taster opportunity to as many members as we can as part of your Rally in Bristol and in the home of the Balloon Fiesta, we have to base it all on the minimum basket size - this may be increased by them on the day.

Regulations meant tickets had to be held in advance so this was the best way to try to ensure that could happen. I have tried to find the best way to do, with a guarantee that should things not happen those who like yourself had the faith to book a ticket before the day could do so with confidence that we would return this to you if the Balloon could not operate.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for clearing that up.

I didn’t realise that it was planned that the balloon would be going up twice in a half-hour time slot, and when I saw that there were three places available for 13.30 - 14.00 window, on a three-passenger basket, knowing I had booked two places already, it got me worried that my reservation had been overlooked.

Anyway, all cleared up now.  Here’s hoping that the weather is kind to us.

Thanks again.

Chris.